IGNORED

Energy Subwoofer S8.2 not working?

I bought the Energy Take5.2 with S8.2 subwoofer recently. While performing the pink test using the A/C receiver, I dun seem to be able to hear anything from the subwoofer although I can see from the light indicator on the subwoofer that there are LFE signals (when I turn the bass level volume on subwoofer to quite high level). I am connecting the subwoofer pre-out of A/V receiver to the subwoofer using Monster subwoofer cable.

Is this pink test result normal? What should be heard? What is the normal setting for subwoofer on the A/V receiver when compared to the rest of the speakers?

Thanks for any help in advance.

err... did u enable to subwoofer out setting on ya receiver?

yes.. I did... I'm using Onkyo 595 receiver and I heard the bass level needs to be set at quite a high level... maybe I will try it out again first...

Check your manual whether your amp will output pink noise from the sub. Some amps do not do it, only output from the 5 channels.

I just did a test with the amp connected to the x-over input of the subwoofer... the pink noise from amp is crystal clear... but when I switch the connection to the direct input (using sub's x-over), nothing is heard... I guess something is wrong with the circuitry of the sub...

Will send the sub for repair since it is under warranty..