IGNORED

tis might be my next CD/SACD player...

Guest joamonte

Guest joamonte

same SACD chip with SA12Si but sell at less then half the price..

head phone output stage...

OFC EI transformer

It's available locally, price about $1.2k+.

Sounds good, pretty good resolution pickup, typical Marantz sound, smooth and definitely not bright.

Someone who bought this got some problems with the unit hanging occasionally and seems like have to wait for Japan to bring in some chip to fix the problem in the coming months.

The Marantz SA-1 comes with balanced output, so does the Sony SCD-1.

Heard that the SA8260 may not be released in Europe and there is mention there of the SA17 speculated to be out in August/Sept with no further details.

Heard that the SA8260 may not be released in Europe and there is mention there of the SA17 speculated to be out in August/Sept with no further details.

Is SA17 going to replace SA14 which no more in production?

Someone was selling the Sony SCD-1 for S$4k.

Yes, I read in Audio Asylum, someone posted a tread on SA-17.

With so much problems in the 8260, I rather wait for the SA-17, but than no guarantee that there will be no problem. ;D

Guest joamonte

SA-17 might be a DVDP/SACD player like the SA-12....i am really no confidence on sound of tis kind of player,when use in pure audio system.

Guest joamonte

4.3K! :o.....no mutli channel somemore... :-\

unless i am so rich until dont know where to spend $... ;D

BTW tis comment are suitable to the Sony SCD1 too...

:)

to each his own, $4.3k for a SA1 is reasonable IMHO.

cheers.

4.3K! :o.....no mutli channel somemore... :-\

unless i am so rich until dont know where to spend $... ;D

BTW tis comment are suitable to the Sony SCD1 too...

Guest joamonte

to each his own, $4.3k for a SA1 is reasonable IMHO.

cheers.

yes,u are right !i am just kiding... ;)

it is especailly ture for those 2 channel audiophile that have no intention to go into multichannel..

Guest joamonte

At least the build quality is top-notch. Worse come to worse use as high-end transport? :)

maybe their owner can pray for.....some expert out there to modifed their player by adding a SACD digital out----when the mutli channel SACD digital out standard has establish. :D

Guest joamonte

i see things in a brighter way....

if i buy a SACD player,i will look for one with multi cannel coz not matter at the end, SACD or DVDA win, multicannel will be a standard format for tomorrow audiophile IMO.

i believe those who have hear the multi cannel SACD or DVDA demo from ATC,Wilson,PMC will agree that two channel HIFI has its limit.....and tis limit is there no matter how good is ur system since 1950's.

so for hardcore audiophile that can spend 50/100k on two channel audio system,there are no reson why they cant spend their $ on multi cannel since it can give them a better effect and musical involement.

and though there are little new title multi cannel DVDA and SACD in market at the moment,but i just cant imagine after spending $3/4 k on my SACD/DVDA machine, end out finding myseft cannot hear all the "content" in the disc while other who spend only less then $2 k can(eg.even my cheap pioneer 733a can.)

BTW scd-1, scd777es(two channel), sa-1 and etc are good in CD playback but IMHO they are not best CD playback machine in their price range.....worth or not,is depend on individual but i believe some CD/DAC combin at lower price range will have the same if not better sound quality when we are talking about CD playback only.

mnnn..dcc or minidisc are different from DVDA and SACD IMHO,their poor playback quality are one of the reason why they are not welcome by the audiophile......DAT though sound better then CD but not lasting thus also not welcome by most audiophile too(....same as LP),but its quite popular in the pro recording studio...

Guest joamonte

1.nowaday thing are quite different becoz of the HT...yes,it is "much more difficult to do a realistic music recording with multichannel than with 2 channels" in the begining..but when more and more rec engineer start to get involve in the multichannel recording (should use multichannel "mixing" actually..)..becoz of market demand....IMO they will get more and more familier with it,and finally discover how the mixing should have done in order to get a multichannel good recording.

2.dont worry about how many channels is going to come out in the furture,coz it is not decided by us....and its is right that we should not try to "chase for the latest decoder all the time" unless we had too many money to spend ;D....but since the 6 channel Audio standard already exist for nearly two years and it can be easily combin into our HT system,IMO no matter DVDa or SACD or Blue ray DVD or etc etc become the final winer,we will loss notthing if we dont spend too much on the soure....that why i am not really interested in buying the Luxman DU10,Accuphase DP100+dc101 SACD player even though they got multi channel and instead looking for these Marantz SA8260... ;)

3.hehehe...for me ,i think my system already can handle

2 channel petty well,so multichannel will be a good callenge to me(....so hao lian right??.... ;D)

ps.Quadraphonics fail becoz that time still dont have DD and DTS IMHO.

Guest joamonte

1.difficult dont mean can not make it......some mutli channel recording are petty good(eg. in the DVDA Demo disc)..... :)

2.my english not very good so not really understand what 'obsolete' (hypothetically) mean ??? :)but based on what i experience ...multichannel need less space than two channel in order to get good sound!,i can easily imagine i am at a concert hall at multichannel,but with two channel i need bigger room or do a lot of room accoustic,spk placement b4 i can get such effect!

2a.everyone got their own way of thinking...i believe in hifi there are no absolutly right or wrong.....a lot of grey area thus i respect every indivdual thinking as long as they really go and try it b4 they make any comment.

Guest powerman

till now, there're standard how to recording m-channels.

you got your own standard, i got mine. read review on tact dvd-a MC recording: very good effect but sound funny.

positioning of speakers for 2-channels and dvd-a\sacd m-channel is different. can only optimised one.

true, m-channels works better in a smaller room.

Guest joamonte

positioning of speakers for 2-channels and dvd-a\sacd m-channel is different. can only optimised one.

agree!

thats one of the problem for tis period,when 99.999% of our soure(CD,LP Etc) are only two channel.... :-\

we cant just follow the ITU-R standard on M-channel audio spk positioning....most of us dont have that space and it dont sound good on two channel audio....

what i do is throw the book away.....simply ignore their(ITU-R) method,treat it like HT and use my ear to try and error to get the result i want....