IGNORED

Can the Denon 3802 accept spade terminated cables?

I have the AVC-A11 and I think you can use spades but it's really cramp.

Should be the same case with the 3802.

Hope it helps.

thanks for the info. I had to ask as I saw the brochure for the 3802 and the binding posts has a little depression/collar in it which i understand is quite impossible to accept spades.

is the avc11's binding posts similar to the 3802? i understand that the binding posts on av recievers differ greatly from the 5 way binding posts in power amps.

thanks.

I was going to get the 3802 initially but then most shops told me no stock. So what the heck I decided to just get the A11 instead from KEC for $3050.

Desray, you own a 3802 right? The top of the range Denon 170w x 7 looks really mouth watering but cost +$4000.

Compared to the 3802 it sounded bigger and more punch to it. I also listened to the Marantz SR8200 and Yammie AX1 for comparison and I found that they're both too harsh for my liking.

I think better stick with banana plugs. I found it way cramp at the binding post. Maybe it's the same for most av receivers that the inputs at the back is very close to one another. Very tough to plug it out once pluged in.

Check out for the new Sony av amp thats coming too. Looks impressive. Read about it in What hifi mag.

Can't help it. My fave cables which are only for the front left and right are terminated in spades. The rest can use the bana plugs. Which means, my L,R = Spades. Centre, surrounds A, surrounds B all banana plugs.

Now, is this feasible? It would be overkill to use spades all ard. though.

So does the little collar/depression in the binding posts of the avr 3802 affect the usage of spade lugs?

thanks.

Can't help it. My fave cables which are only for the front left and right are terminated in spades. The rest can use the bana plugs. Which means, my L,R = Spades. Centre, surrounds A, surrounds B all banana plugs.

Now, is this feasible? It would be overkill to use spades all ard. though.

So does the little collar/depression in the binding posts of the avr 3802 affect the usage of spade lugs?

thanks.

for your case can use spade, but if your spade is too big then cannot go in

u need to unscrew to almost all the way out, put in the spade and screw all the way in. also u need to put at a special angle as the plastic got a hole for your spade to come out

alamak, siao liao. my spade quite big ones leh.

stoopid AFA use spades. the model that time "zeus" speaker cables, no banana plugs, just spades man. I think must bring to shop and try.

U think the shops will allow me to do that?

thanks again.

I was going to get the 3802 initially but then most shops told me no stock. So what the heck I decided to just get the A11 instead from KEC for $3050.

Desray, you own a 3802 right? The top of the range Denon 170w x 7 looks really mouth watering but cost +$4000.

Compared to the 3802 it sounded bigger and more punch to it. I also listened to the Marantz SR8200 and Yammie AX1 for comparison and I found that they're both too harsh for my liking.

I think better stick with banana plugs. I found it way cramp at the binding post. Maybe it's the same for most av receivers that the inputs at the back is very close to one another. Very tough to plug it out once pluged in.

Check out for the new Sony av amp thats coming too. Looks impressive. Read about it in What hifi mag.

Hi Louis, yeap that's rite! I'm using AVR 3802 - the very last Receiver with Tuner capability...The AVC-A11 Amp cost more than $3K plus...as compared to AVR 3802 $1.6K...How about the latest model of Marnatz SR9200 Amp...How much issit selling in the mkt rite now? Anyway lower than DENON Amp...I guess should be, rite?

Anyway...a whopping 170W/Ch from AVC-A11 is really stunning I bet!...somemore THX-certified.

Will get this model by year end this year maybe... ;D

Desray, the AVC-A11SR is only 125w x 7. It's the top range AVC-A1se that's 170w and it cost around $4500.

The A11 is actually a 4802 without the lcd remote while the A1se is the 5802 in the US.

And your're right that the Marantz 9200 is slightly cheaper than the Denon A11.

Sorrie...may I ask how much is the Marantz SR9200/SR8200 Receivers huh...? Marantz has always been the household brand for "Value-For-Money"...

Care to disclose? :P