IGNORED

Can anyone recommend a good tv repairman?

Hi chucks

IMO, the best TV repairman is the manufacturer themselves. Besides, they know best. I got my old 29" JVC TV repaired by JVC people. Cost me about $50 including parts & transport.

I agree. I have found that it is seldom cheaper or more efficient to get a private TV repair man to service my TVs as compared to getting the manufacturer's to do it. With the manufacturer's service agents, at least I'm sure that the parts that they changed are original or authentic. Usually the manufacturer's service personnel could repair the set on the spot. Unless the repair is extremely simple, I find that most of the time, the private repair man would say that he has to take the set back for more troubleshooting. By the time I get the TV back, the repair costs would be so exhorbitant that it seems like he had sent the set to the manufacturer's service centre for the repair and then charged me commission for being the middle man. ;D

I do recommend u going back to JVC to get your unit repair. Recently, my 6 yrs old 41" widescreen Kirara Basso went kaput and I got them (Sony) to repair. It cost me about 218SGD as they need to replace a big IC and a resistor. The labour is 110 and the parts is 100 plus GST.

Surprisingly the TV look sharper after repair as it focus better now at the edge compared to before it went kaput. To me it is worth it as the TV was 4.6k when brand new.

So check with them how much they would charge only for assesment. Just in case it cost 300-400 SGD for the repair and might as well buy a new one. Sony advised they charge 20sgd for accesment only. I think it is reasonable.

rtankm

On the contrary, my experience with the SOny technicians was horrible. Sent in my TV for burn-in problem, come back with convergence problem. Sent back the TV again, and each time it come back claiming problem solve, only to find the convergence problem still there. Finally they admit they can't do much. Utterly disapointed at the competence level of the technicians, only know how to swap and replace, but when come to tuning and calibration, they are horrible.

Well, they have to solve the problem in front of me or else I won't pay. So not a problem with me.

Ender, I believed u would have tested it when u collect the TV. Right?

Yeah, you see, this Sony got one of the most screwed up protocol I've experienced.

As mine was a RPTV, they have to come collect and deliver. So 1st time round I was eagerly receiving my return set at home. Immediately test the set, and right in front of me is the convergence problem. The delivery man cannot made the decision to take back, as their instruction was to deliver and not collect. So they have to sent down the technician another day, to make the decision to collect the set yet another day. So when the set came back the 2nd time, you know what?. convergence is still there, not minimise, still as obvious as before. So the same thing over again. Point to the technician where to look for it, and he said yah, yah very bad..all these to and fro for about 3 months, until they admit they can't help.... totally lost faith in them.

My is also a convergence problem I think, out of the 3 gun one color was skewed.

The Tech. came over checked, dismantled, told me the component which spoilts and price. Repaired on the spot in about 1 hr.

Sorry to hear your bad experience. Yours still under warranty?

• 2 years later...

Does anyone knows a good repairman who do home service for Samsung TV's ??? Pls post or IM name and contact number.

Thanks.

Million CTV & VCR Service

Mr Wong Wu Xuan also known as Ah Choon

HP 96793123

My 2 old CTV repaired by him 2 yrs ago. He also repaired my mum's Samsung CTV not too long ago. Reasonable price, on the spot repair if he can.

Million CTV & VCR Service

Mr Wong Wu Xuan also known as Ah Choon

HP 96793123

My 2 old CTV repaired by him 2 yrs ago. He also repaired my mum's Samsung CTV not too long ago. Reasonable price, on the spot repair if he can.

Thanks a lot. Really appreciate your help.

Hi, I got a problem wif my old samsung tv. Roughly how much are the tv repairs huh? Got an old samsung tv tat now need 1-2 hrs after powering up to show any pic. Can u help, JT or et8s?

Used to have an old Samsung 29" with similar problem. I called the Samsung service centre. According to the Samsung repairman, the problem is caused by a failing amplifier (I can't remember the correct name for that part). He tuned up the voltage, and the picture showed up without problems. But, he said it's only a temporary solution as the amplifier will eventually die. The cost of the part was $80+ excluding service charges. Samsung charges about $50 service fees excluding parts. The little temporary fix cost me $50 as that was the minimal service charge.

I decided not to change the part and eventually got rid of the TV.

:)

Hi, I got a problem wif my old samsung tv. Roughly how much are the tv repairs huh? Got an old samsung tv tat now need 1-2 hrs after powering up to show any pic. Can u help, JT or et8s?

I got the same problem. What u can do in the meantime is keep on pressing video button so that you dont have to wait for 2hrs to show the pics. This should only take u less than 15 minutes.

My problem with my old sony 34" kirara basso trinitron was that the picture got distorted n I think volume also very soft.

He changed some of the chips inside n also clean the PCB, for that I was chargered $130.

On the spot repair, I think he said something like the problem was related to the teletext program.

I'm not very sure cos I'm not technical enough to know what is he saying. It already 2 yrs, my ctv still looking good for that $130.

Now my problem is that the remote control, not responsing anymore. Anybody know where can I get this remote: Sony KV-3400GND, RM-679MTP. Called Sony but was told that they do not have it anymore. :'(