my projector room setup

Guest joamonte

nice!

mnnn... i think i saw 2 DVDP and a HTPC?? :o

not bad overall.....but IMHO maybe u can lower the projector and place ur projector closer to the screen a bit,so that u can 1)project the full image into the screen and also 2) dun need to use its keystone funtion---its a wasted of ur projector 852x480pixels.. ::)

and let me guess.... u like to drink Coke when u watch movie! ;D

That's a square screen fully extended. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Galow, it seems that the distance from pj to screen is too far thus the overscan? Try manual zoom to correct the image so that the pic fits nicely onto your screen horizontally.

All the setting for the picture mode is at the default. I cant fit the picture to the screen. How you do the manual zoom ?

For time being, I didnt switch to 16:9 format when watching the movie.

Presently is either I move the projector near to the screen (any pro and con of doing this) or manual zoom (beside using the lense which other method?).

If you're not watching DVD movies in anamorphic format aka widescreen...then brother you're missing a great part of it.

I think it's better for you (like me) put on a coffee table and re-locate as and when you like.

;D

All the setting for the picture mode is at the default. I cant fit the picture to the screen. How you do the manual zoom ?

Presently is either I move the projector near to the screen (any pro and con of doing this) or manual zoom (beside using the lense which other method?).

Hi Galow, you should have adjusted PJ, before mounting screen.

Using the distance and screen size calculator, at projectorcentral.com to get a rough estimate and from there, do an actual trial, by projecting the PJ to see if it would project at the screen size desired.

As for the distance, first determine how large you want the picture to be, 90" 80" etc, next move the PJ as close as possible to get the desired size, ie. I set the PJ at maximum zoom (largest pic), when manually resizing the screen, so that when I mounted it permanently, it can only zoom smaller and not larger, with the picture just fitting the screen.

Moving it as close as you can to achieve the desired size, means that you can get the brightest and best colors possible, at the screen size you want.

BTW as Desray said, if you do not set the priority settings to wide on the AE100, while using the Shinco 8700, you are not enjoying the best pic. Not only is the anamorphic material not displayed correctly, the picture would appear pixellated.

Hope this helps.

Agreed in unison with XeBay11...You ought have to do mathematical if not trial and error distance adjustment before you affix the mounting board to place the AE100 PJ. The further you place the PJ away from the screen...the more pic quality will be compromised. Make full use of the Short-Distance Throwing Len.

I think a normal 70" by 70" Screen size should be more than suffice...anything bigger than that you have your eyes "strained"...So how are U gonna enjoy the movie while you strain your eyes...hehe...:P

Hi Gaolow

What is your screen size?

Distance from pj to screen?

Please provide the above so we can help and discuss further.

Hi Gaolow

What is your screen size?

Distance from pj to screen?

Please provide the above so we can help and discuss further.

My screen size is 70" X 70" and the distance from the projector to the screen is about 3m

My screen size is 70" X 70" and the distance from the projector to the screen is about 3m

Hi Goalow

Your screen size is the same as mine. Dalite M/W too?

My present distance from pj to screen is 9.5ft (2.9m) - Measured from screen surface to pj lens.

(Refer to page 51 of your pj manual on Projection dimensions calculation methods)

I am able to adjust image to a min size of 78" and max of 97" diagional by turning the manual zoom located after the focus ring. BTW, this is the only way to manually zoom the image.

Coming back to your case. I had tried your distance at 3m. Taking into account of the 2 black stripes of 3.5cm each. The viewable screen width will be 171cm instead of 178cm (70").

These are my findings:

Tested on Shinco 8700. Player is on with no movie playing. Using VGA from player to AE100. Went into pj Menu, Position and hit Auto Setup. The projected image fit on the 171cm width with manual zoom to the min but there are hot spots on both sides. (Note: PC priority set to "wide" or "normal" is the same.) I went into the pj Menu and Position again. Pressed Auto Setup several times. Hot spots still visible. Again at Position, I adjusted the H-POSI and CLK Phase and finally managed to get rid of those irritating hot spots. I did not go on further testing with any movies but I am sure the image projected with 16:9 films should fit onto the screen with no over-scanning.

As you are aware that AE100 is a short-throw pj. Bringing the pj closer to the screen should be better. It gives you the allowance of zooming in or out. I read someone posted in avsforum that by positioning the pj closer to the screen (manual zoom is max) and zoom the image in makes the PQ better. Maybe you like to re-position your pj distance to screen say around 280cm to 290cm and try out? BTW, the manual zoom size is about 18cm.

I will not touch on verticle size since your screen is fully extended. Besides this is up to individual on how high or low they want their image to be. Some people claimed that vertical offset is more important than the horizontal and added that the centre of the lens MUST be even with the top of the viewable area. Remember, keystone adjustment is BAD since it affects scaling.