Digital Optical Swtiches?

Guest nu-form

Guest nu-form

Hi guys, sorry if this is OOT stuff.

I'm trying to look for a decent Digital Optical Swtich for my room's "Mini Entertainment System". I guess over the years my craving for a self-supporting Single-Male All-In-One Entertainment Personal Mecca is finally becoming a reality. :P

For the curious here's what I have in my small HDB room :

PS2 (Digital Output)

Xbox (Digital Output)

Samsung M108 (Digital Output)

Dreamcast

GameCube

Sony HT-K215 AV Reciever+Speaker Combo

Sony 21" TV (the ole' one)

I'm planning to dedicate one Digital Input on the K215 for my DVD and use the swtich on the other for my consoles.

p.s: If the moderators think this is off-topic, I am terribly sorry. Please delete off this post if you deem it necessary. Thanks! :)

Whoa whoa,.....

Such an optical switch gadget doesn't exist at this time. I don't believe it will exist either for a ling time.

Maybe u should get an AV amp with many optical and SPDIF inputs.

My Yammy 2200 has got 4 optical inputs, 2 SPDIF inputs and 2 optical outputs.

Look out for denon, yamaha or kenwood or marantz av amps.

You can get an AV switch-box that could take 3 optical, RCA audio, S-Video and composite inputs for about $135 at UF Technology, #03-69 Sim Lim Square. The switch-box even comes with a IR wireless remote control.

oic..... thousand apologies but there is such gadgets after all. :o :o :o

If really no 5-way optical switch, u might piggy back 2 3-way switches to give u 5-way switching. But that will affect the IR remote control operation.

Guest nu-form

oic..... thousand apologies but there is such gadgets after all. :o :o :o

If really no 5-way optical switch, u might piggy back 2 3-way switches to give u 5-way switching. But that will affect the IR remote control operation.

No worries mate, there's always something new to discover everyday. :)

Hmmm...as for the Swtich, its powered...its remote operated and it has Optical/S-Vid/Composite all-in-one. Its a rather nifty product, looks like I shall be going down next weekend to check it out! :)

Thanks for the help guys! I'll post back here once I find out something...especially the price. :)