IGNORED

Prices Info On Plasma

Belowmentioned pricing taken from "BEST". For info only.

LG : -

MT-42PZ10 - S$9,998

MT-60PZ10 - S$26,888

Samsung :-

PS42P2S - S$12,999

Sharp : -

PZ43HV2 - S$15,999

JVC : -

GDV4210PZWA - S$13,999

Pioneer : -

PDP433HDG - S$15,999

PDP503HDG - S$19,999

Panasonic : -

TH37PW4 - S$9,999

TH42PW4 - S$13,999

TH50PHW3 - S$22,999

Philips : -

32FD9944 - S$9,999

42FD9932 - S$12,999

Sony : -

PFM42B1E - S$14,599

Toshiba : -

42WP26 - S$11,888

50XP26 - S$19,998

NEC : -

PX61MP1G - S$36,999

Hitachi : -

PD32A2100 - S$7,999

PD37A2100 - S$10,999

PD42A2100 - S$13,888

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Belowmentioned pricing taken from "BEST". For info only.

LG : -

MT-42PZ10 - S$9,998

MT-60PZ10 - S$26,888

Samsung :-

PS42P2S - S$12,999

Sharp : -

PZ43HV2 - S$15,999

JVC : -

GDV4210PZWA - S$13,999

Pioneer : -

PDP433HDG - S$15,999

PDP503HDG - S$19,999

Panasonic : -

TH37PW4 - S$9,999

TH42PW4 - S$13,999

TH50PHW3 - S$22,999

Philips : -

32FD9944 - S$9,999

42FD9932 - S$12,999

Sony : -

PFM42B1E - S$14,599

Toshiba : -

42WP26 - S$11,888

50XP26 - S$19,998

NEC : -

PX61MP1G - S$36,999

Hitachi : -

PD32A2100 - S$7,999

PD37A2100 - S$10,999

PD42A2100 - S$13,888

All prices are $999 or $998, seems to coincidental, the mark ups must be quite large.

Imagine if the cost on one of this things was XX,200 and the selling price were marked to XX,998(9).

I guess the Plasma market people just do not need to care about a few hundred bucks.

Guest joamonte

IMPO ,what type of Plasma resolution is depend on personal need.

but many of my friends(including me)before that, thought that "high tech"stuff like plasma TV must alway be WXGA or above...

really can't imagine i would spend $8k and above to buy a VGA/SVGA display....a LCD XGA computer moniter only cost less then $600 in SLS...

:)

Guest joamonte

and by end of tis year some TW and China manufacter will start to sell their own PLASMA TV,and its going to be CHEAP.....by then,i believe branded Plasma TV price will drop faster....

hopefully i can afford a Philip 42" plasma below $4K by end of next year! ;D

opps...should be $3998 in Best,Safe etc ...not $4k ;D

I guess you can continue to hope then. Plasma's will continue to remain a high ticket item for the next 4 to 5 years at least. Maybe, if we can get our HDB to buy more Plasma's for their HQ building, prices may start to drop then. ;D

IMPO ,what type of Plasma resolution is depend on personal need.

but many of my friends(including me)before that, thought that "high tech"stuff like plasma TV must alway be WXGA or above...

really can't imagine i would spend $8k and above to buy a VGA/SVGA display....a LCD XGA computer moniter only cost less then $600 in SLS...

:)

I think Pioneer is 480 lines.

and by end of tis year some TW and China manufacter will start to sell their own PLASMA TV,and its going to be CHEAP.....by then,i believe branded Plasma TV price will drop faster....

hopefully i can afford a Philip 42" plasma below $4K by end of next year! ;D

opps...should be $3998 in Best,Safe etc ...not $4k ;D

Seriously, TW and China Plasmas would not have very good PQ. Washed out colors and grey blacks.

Just check out the NEC 60 inch plasma screen and it would not hold a candle to the Epson TW100.

The only Plasma screens worth considering are the Toshiba and Panasonics, only the 42" size have PQ that are high contrast, vivid in color, with decent blacks, prices about 12-14K but for that money, you can go for Sharp XV9000, a DLP projector that can put some of our multiplexes to shame.

Guest joamonte

Seriously, TW and China Plasmas would not have very good PQ. Washed out colors and grey blacks.

Just check out the NEC 60 inch plasma screen and it would not hold a candle to the Epson TW100.

The only Plasma screens worth considering are the Toshiba and Panasonics, only the 42" size have PQ that are high contrast, vivid in color, with decent blacks, prices about 12-14K but for that money, you can go for Sharp XV9000, a DLP projector that can put some of our multiplexes to shame.

yes..TW and China Plasmas would not have very good PQ in start...

but what aboutafter 3 to 5..years later?many of us thought that China cant produce good DVDP some years back,but what happen now?with $200/$300 we can get a China made Pscan DVDP that rival those $400/500 branded DVDP. :)

China is such a huge market and if any of their local company can produce somethings close to those expensive branded plasma at 1/2 price...no doubt tis company will get very very RICH!and by then so many company will start to join in tis market and the price will get lower and lower...

when they found that their selling price are already too low and cant earn much,they will start to concern about the PQ and BQ...tis is also happen with their DVDP b4..and i believe all tis is not going to take long as China's Rich people population is growing so fast.... ;D

and IMHO the start making of plasma TV in TW and China will force those branded manufacter start to think of some way to reduce price in order to sell us cheaper,and thats a good news to many of us.... :D...

but what aboutafter 3 to 5..years later?many of us thought that China cant produce good DVDP some years back,but what happen now?with $200/$300 we can get a China made Pscan DVDP that rival those $400/500 branded DVDP. :)

China is such a huge market and if any of their local company can produce somethings close to those expensive branded plasma at 1/2 price...no doubt tis company will get very very RICH!and by then so many company will start to join in tis market and the price will get lower and lower...

when they found that their selling price are already too low and cant earn much,they will start to concern about the PQ and BQ...tis is also happen with their DVDP b4..and i believe all tis is not going to take long as China's Rich people population is growing so fast.... ;D

and IMHO the start making of plasma TV in TW and China will force those branded manufacter start to think of some way to reduce price in order to sell us cheaper,and thats a good news to many of us.... :D...

Agree, China made product it'll not lose out in performance. The Nintaus with it's Sage/ Faroudja chipset has PQ that rivals player many times the cost. But too bad it's plague by some QC problem, like the MPEG glitches and VGA bug, else it'll be the most bang for buck player around.

I would certainly hope so too. I was just speaking more in the short to mid term time frame.

Long term prospects, I am quite sure you may be right, but whatever happens, it sure would give the big boys something to think about, when coming to lower prices.

A $4K 42" Plasma, would definitely find a place in my living room.

I think it is good to have Taiwan and China brand of Plasma to be on the market for the next few years to comes. Should have save enough to invest in one of this baby than ... ha... ha ....

If price can drop below 5K will be great for everybody ...

• 1 month later...

The new range of Toshiba Plasma are OEM products from NEC. The previous range of Toshiba Plasma were OEM products from Panasonic.

Thats the reason why the specs of Toshiba Plasma has changed dramatically when the new models came out. At the same time, you will notice the specs are similar to the OEM products mentioned earlier.

Cheers !

Just for info that Raffles is promoting the LG 42" Plasma at about S$8,4XX and throw in an LG DVD/Video tape recorder combo ....

Saw this LG demo at Funan - Harvey Norman , seen quite OK as they are palying back Charlies Angels but previously saw the Demo at Best Denki , the PQ was quite soft .......

Don't go yet , they just display the plasma and not hook-up yet. Was told by them last week that this week they will hook-up for demo. 2 plasma only - LG (42" at $8,499) and Daewoo (42" at $7,500).

Maybe tomorrow will drop by to see whether hook-up or not than let you know ... rather than go there see blank plasma.

The one at Sim Drive - Audio House , have hook-up Toshiba (42" at $10,888) , JVC (42" at S$10,888) , Sharp (43" at $13,899) and Pioneer (43" at S$14,259) Plasma for demo. Maybe you can drop by. The JVC look good.

As for the LG Plasma , you can also drop by Funan - Harvey Norman store to see the demo.