IGNORED

HELP!! .. Strange Stratching/Cracking noise in speakers

Guest borderline

Guest borderline

Hey all .. REALLY NEED YOUR EXPERT HELP ..

I have a yamaha amp RX-V620 and a set of mirage speakers with monster cables .. anyway whenever the left and right front speakers are on together I get a crackling/stratching sound. Normal sound still comes out from both, however the stratching sound comes out like it's in the background.

Don't think it's the speakers cause I have changed them around with the rear speakers and the sound is still there .. I've tried re-plugging in the speaker cable but the sound is still there ??? Any ideas's I'm Desperate !!!

Thanks

perhaps you can describe more about the "scratching" sound.

seems like dirty/loose connection.. could be at the Receiver side or DVD player.

Guest borderline

perhaps you can describe more about the "scratching" sound.

seems like dirty/loose connection.. could be at the Receiver side or DVD player.

It sounds like rustling paper only softer .. it only occurs when both front speakers are on at the same time, strange thing is when I do a speaker test (cycle through the speakers) I would hear the rustling in the left speaker when the right speaker is on and visa versa ...

Tried tightening the speaker but still no luck :(

Any more advice please ?!?!

Does the Yamaha have top vents for cooling? If so, it could be that dust from the surrounding has entered internally and is the source of the sound. Remove the top panel and use either a camera lens blower or a soft brush to clean the interior to dislodge and remove the dust.

Had a similar problem before and after cleaning the sound disappeared. Hopefully this is the same :)