IGNORED

Front speaker cable? Rear Speaker cable?

I am new to HT and recently bought onkyo-595 with Energy Take 5.2 system. I am wondering if it is important to get a good speaker cable for the rear surround speaker. I was told it is not significant for rear speaker if the length goes beyond 5m..

Any view?

Not true. Its even more important to get good spkr cables, since the run is longer.

In fact, its recommended that the spkr cables used should be same all round 6.1.

Thanks for the feedback. Any recommendation for good speaker cables? Monster? QED? Any place that sells cheap speaker cable?

Was at SLS and one shop quoted a reel of normal cables for S$55 while another shop S$28.. hell lot of difference in price for the same cable at 2 different shop...

Guest duckling

Thanks for the feedback. Any recommendation for good speaker cables? Monster? QED? Any place that sells cheap speaker cable?

Was at SLS and one shop quoted a reel of normal cables for S$55 while another shop S$28.. hell lot of difference in price for the same cable at 2 different shop...

$55 for one reel, I bet at least 100 meters right? That must be some cheapo cables.

What is your budget for cables anyway?

It was a reel of 30m.. some american brand "sammotion"...

Is it important for the length of the speaker cable to be equal for rear speaker? if not, then I will probably only need about 20m.. else 30m

Budget should be <$200..

Guest duckling

Is it important for the length of the speaker cable to be equal for rear speaker? if not, then I will probably only need about 20m.. else 30m

Budget should be <$200..

With ur budget for speaker cables alone, I suggest you go for Ecosse CS2.3 for center spk and CS4.2 for main spks (assuming ur spks are bi-wirable, else use CS2.3). As for the surround, you might want to try TaraLabs Klara.

No, don't think it's very important that the lengths are the same for the rear speakers.

For quality budget cables, try Taralabs Klara or QED. Both around $5/m range.

;D

Budget should be <$200..

btw, what speakers cable u using now for your energy take 5.2?

not an expert here but IMO allocate abt 10% of the budget to cable. by upgrading to a slightly better cable, the diff may not be noticeable in your energy HT system, might as well save the marnee for other use.

btw, what speakers cable u using now for your energy take 5.2?

not an expert here but IMO allocate abt 10% of the budget to cable. by upgrading to a slightly better cable, the diff may not be noticeable in your energy HT system, might as well save the marnee for other use.

For the front/center speakers, I have the Monster XP cable provided by the installer (which is KEC).. for the surround speaker it's cheap cheap brand... KEC recommended entry level QED cable for surround but no stock...so I am exploring other cables... or should I also use back the same monster XP brand?

Guest queks

I'm using QED micro for all speakers, since satellite got not much bass. No point using very good speaker cable. I suggest you go for QED or Monster cable.