IGNORED

Cai Qin SACD

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest duckling

If you don't have a SACD player, I guess it's still better to go for the XRCD2 version.

For me, the normal version is good enough, although yet to compare the 2. ;)

Hi Khoo,

I've been very impressed by my cheapo DVD/SACD player and see a great future in it. As my current "weak link" is my CDP, I may get a new one that can play both formats well. It won't be in the near future though.

But I'm not going to replace my current collection with SACDs. So when the occasional good SACD pops up, I'd buy it.

So far, my collection stands at "2" only - a Tony Bennett and a Opus3 test disc.

Hey hw, r u now seriously into SACD ???

How about telling your mind that u've bought a SACD and get "red book playback" for free?

That's how i psycho myself when i bought the DVD player... the "SACD playback" is "free"! hehehehe.

then i am 'paying' for the red book playback of the sacd player and not using it le... kinda wasted....

Alamak Silk. like this it also means you should be looking for a DVD only player, because you won't use the SACD or DVD-A or the CD capability. ;D

IMHO, you should look for a SACD only player (assuming it actually exist) provided the pricing is such that it is much cheaper as SACD only than with the additional CD feature.

But today (a) no such player exist (b) the CD feature will not add to the final price significantly or at all © most likely a SACD only player (if it exists one day) would probably be more ex. catering to a niche/higher than high-end market compared to the more consumer friendly multi-format supported player we have today.

Just my 2cents.

Alamak Silk. like this it also means you should be looking for a DVD only player, because you won't use the SACD or DVD-A or the CD capability. ;D

IMHO, you should look for a SACD only player (assuming it actually exist) provided the pricing is such that it is much cheaper as SACD only than with the additional CD feature.

But today (a) no such player exist (b) the CD feature will not add to the final price significantly or at all © most likely a SACD only player (if it exists one day) would probably be more ex. catering to a niche/higher than high-end market compared to the more consumer friendly multi-format supported player we have today.

Just my 2cents.

Eh Khoo

I heard the Marantz 8260 at my fren's place just after meeting you a few days ago.

IMHO a very smooth player.

Doesnt cost a bomb.

Can consider this player for a start.

hey dommie..u telling Khoo to downgrade? ;D

Maybe can consider ;D The 8260 has multi-channel, SACD playback is good and the CD playback is very reasonable. Cost 5 times cheaper than my SA-1, after selling off SA-1 and buying 8260 maybe still got money to buy LP. ;D

BTW, let's encourage Silk to go vinyl as well. He seemed so "interested" after hearing my TT setup just now. ;D