IGNORED

Stephen King's Rose Red ...

For fans of Stephen King the prolific spooky writer of great titles like the Stand, Tommyknockers, Langoliers and Graveyard Shift...This title is a must-have!

For those who like haunted mansion and unlocking the truth behind it's wicked past! This show is gonna blow your mind away!

Fantatsic Video Transfer - 8/10.

Audio Sound mix - 7/10. (featuring Dolby Digital 5.1)

Extras - 6.5/10.

Comes with 2-disc special edition...

Great special effects and make-up that's gonna scare you if you're "cautious" enough. Be prepared to have half a day's free time to watch this show...A mind-boggling film of 254 minutes!!!

Starring Nacy Travis and Julian Sands.

Guest Jerry

This series is very intense and captivating, had me sitting on the edge of my seat for almost 3 hours before the 1st disc was over. The premise is very similar to another horror classic, The Legend of Hell House, when a psychology professor assembled a group of psychics to investigate the paranormal activities in the haunted house and unlock its secrets.

However, it is not that creepy as The Ring but definitely much better than The Haunting. Some scenes could have been made more spooky and terrifying but they didn't happen. Well, what to expect from a PG-13 rated show? But it still warrants my attention till the secret was revealed.

• 3 months later...

Is it available for purchase/rent in Singapore?

I bought the R3 version at about half the price of the R1 here. The picture quality of the R3 version is just as good as the R1 as it is not a local R3. All the extras are exactly the same in both versions.

Is it available for purchase/rent in Singapore?

I bought the R3 version at about half the price of the R1 here. The picture quality of the R3 version is just as good as the R1 as it is not a local R3. All the extras are exactly the same in both versions.

so u have compared both the R3 and the R1?

Art Bros where I bought the R3 version has both versions on display and I thoroughly checked the features and bonuses on the covers of both to make sure that everything's the same before buying the R3 version. The R1 version has a better dvd case and artwork but I figured that this is not a collector's show and there's no point in paying twice the amount of money just to watch it once. In any case, I was not disappointed with the picture quality of the R3 version and I'm as hard to please as anyone here as far as picture quality is concerned. I have had good experiences before with imported R3 TV mini series which have great picture quality at half the price of R1 versions eg. The Mists of Avalon which I bought at only $23.90 from Poh Kim Video.

Art Bros where I bought the R3 version has both versions on display and I thoroughly checked the features and bonuses on the covers of both to make sure that everything's the same before buying the R3 version. The R1 version has a better dvd case and artwork but I figured that this is not a collector's show and there's no point in paying twice the amount of money just to watch it once. In any case, I was not disappointed with the picture quality of the R3 version and I'm as hard to please as anyone here as far as picture quality is concerned. I have had good experiences before with imported R3 TV mini series which have great picture quality at half the price of R1 versions eg. The Mists of Avalon which I bought at only $23.90 from Poh Kim Video.

I'm sure the extras between the R1 and R3 versions are the same coz I saw them myself too....but just curious to find out whether there r any differences in the PQ and SQ of both versions since u claimed that the PQ is identical.

I'm sure the extras between the R1 and R3 versions are the same coz I saw them myself too....but just curious to find out whether there r any differences in the PQ and SQ of both versions since u claimed that the PQ is identical.

Because I've already seen the R3 dvd and it's so good that I can't see how much better it can be. Have you seen the R1 dvd by the way? If you have the R1 dvd, I can lend you my R3 dvd and you can compare for yourself.

By the way, "..as good as.." does not have the same meaning as "..identical.." which implies that there is absolutely no difference. ...Unless of course you meant to imply that nobody has the right to say that a R3 dvd is comparable to a R1 unless he has made a one-to-one, A:B comparison between the 2.

Because I've already seen the R3 dvd and it's so good that I can't see how much better it can be. Have you seen the R1 dvd by the way? If you have the R1 dvd, I can lend you my R3 dvd and you can compare for yourself.

By the way, "..as good as.." does not have the same meaning as "..identical.." which implies that there is absolutely no difference. ...Unless of course you meant to imply that nobody has the right to say that a R3 dvd is comparable to a R1 unless he has made a one-to-one, A:B comparison between the 2.

I'm not saying that lah. Just want to know the difference in quality becoz I assume u have seen both versions before making the comparison and the remark that they r almost as good.

Anyway, I'm also a supporter of R3 titles (from HK, Korea) becoz some Asian films could not be found in R1. I've also seen with my own naked eyes that some Korean produced discs are very good in terms of PQ and SQ. Too bad the local R3 titles have yet to catch up with their standard.

Too bad the local R3 titles have yet to catch up with their standard.

That's why I too draw the line at buying locally commssioned R3 dvds which more often than not, has also been 'edited for our own good'. :)

Both R3 and R1 came in 2 discs.

Is better to get US version if u intend to buy R1, as Canadian version discs printing are some sort like OEM-VCD discs and box cover are bigger.. (so far as what I observe, is it's product by Lion Gate, the discs normally look like VDU printing.

I think R3 cover is nicer.

Btw, u can get R1 from That's Shop at Orchard.