IGNORED

Speaker stands for book shelfs

keith

Dear all,

I would like to know pple who use bookshelf speakers - Do you put them on any "specical" speaker stands(eg from speaker manufacturer) or just local OEM ones will be fine ?

I guess the diff. will be in the pricing.?

I hv a pair of M71s, dunno to get Mission stands or the local ones. pls advise.

thnx

Guest jonlee

Forget the mission stands, about $160 if u are getting them new. Go for mission stands with mission spks only if u want to feel shoik looking at them, ie same name from both spk and stand (I did that for my triangle titus, bought the boomerang stands at $300++ just to feel shoik looking at the unique shape of the stand). However, when u upgrade and sell away ur spk, u will have to sell away ur stand too, unless u upgrade to another mission spk.

Electrades carrys some not too ex stands, $99 only. Look nice with the M71 (I just got a pair for a friend, height adjustable one some more, and also for M71). Alternative, u can get a pair of good stands now and use them forever...as long as u are using bookshelf.

As mentioned, the idea is to raise the speakers to the right height and to provide a stable and rigid platform for speakers. So even budget solid local speaker stand would be better than none. Probably dun wanna spend too much on stands for a budget pair of speakers.. Just dun get those decorative wooden stands from furniture manufacturers..

Guest duckling

Dear all,

I would like to know pple who use bookshelf speakers - Do you put them on any "specical" speaker stands(eg from speaker manufacturer) or just local OEM ones will be fine ?

I guess the diff. will be in the pricing.?

I hv a pair of M71s, dunno to get Mission stands or the local ones. pls advise.

thnx

You may visit the following link to find out what kinda speakers and stands, XP members are using: http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?board=10

For stands, check out Electrades - Tel: 67442306. They have lots of choices and currently having a 10% off (Great Singapore Sales).

Forget the mission stands, about $160 if u are getting them new. Go for mission stands with mission spks only if u want to feel shoik looking at them, ie same name from both spk and stand (I did that for my triangle titus, bought the boomerang stands at $300++ just to feel shoik looking at the unique shape of the stand). However, when u upgrade and sell away ur spk, u will have to sell away ur stand too, unless u upgrade to another mission spk.

Electrades carrys some not too ex stands, $99 only. Look nice with the M71 (I just got a pair for a friend, height adjustable one some more, and also for M71). Alternative, u can get a pair of good stands now and use them forever...as long as u are using bookshelf.

Jonlee, do you still recall the name/ model of the stand ?

thanks to all folks who posted.

Guest jonlee

Sorry, not sure about the brand. "Stand design" or something like that. Silver in colour. Modern looking (ie not the convention vertical column type). Quite light though, thus someone might not like it.

Jonlee, do you still recall the name/ model of the stand ?

thanks to all folks who posted.