IGNORED

Wat would be good to raise the height of floorstanders?

Lancelot

Guest jonlee

yup...agree with TOOL. 30cm is too much for granite/marble/spikes. Get a short stand (actually, 12 inches not very short either) from Electrades.

30cm is 12 inches. if that's the elevation you need, then consider very short spkr stands. go to places e.g. Electrades and enquire about them.

I'm using a pair of mission m73. I already angled the speakers upwards by lowering the height of back spikes so that the front spikes are higher.

But I still prefer the floorstanders to be levelled with my listening height.

what floorstands are u using? From wat i have experienced so far, if the floorstands are short, they are usually angle 'upwards', no?

for example?

I think silk is referring to utilising the spikes to angle the speakers.

Most of the time, floorstanders are shorter than the listening level isn't it?

Guest jonlee

some floorstanders are really short...one example is the MS25I.

Too tall to be a bookshelf, too short to be a floor stander.

In my experience, short floorstanding speakers are voiced to have a correct soundstage height, therefore it is not necessary to have your ears at tweeter height, as long as you are in the sweet spot that is...

Move your speakers around and you'll be able to get it right, no need to raise the speakers...

Like what Yilun said, it is not necessary to have the tweeter at the ear level.

However, let's not discount the importance of spkrs placement. Not all rooms and ears r built the same! If u r still not satisfied after playing with toe-in and spkrs separation, then by all means try the z-axis, ie, tilt back or raise.

I wont be surprised if by the end of day, u'll find it best with just a simple toe-in. Mission is, after all, not a fly by night spkr company.

BTW, anyone ever considered or tried toe-out?

Like what Yilun said, it is not necessary to have the tweeter at the ear level.

However, let's not discount the importance of spkrs placement. Not all rooms and ears r built the same! If u r still not satisfied after playing with toe-in and spkrs separation, then by all means try the z-axis, ie, tilt back or raise.

I wont be surprised if by the end of day, u'll find it best with just a simple toe-in. Mission is, after all, not a fly by night spkr company.

BTW, anyone ever considered or tried toe-out?

Yes, tried it before. IT can only help if the speakers have no room to breathe and throw an image that is too huge. A requirement for toe-out is that your room must be diffusive/absorbtive in nature, otherwise you can forget it, it will definitely sound worse...