IGNORED

Optimise a 5.1 channel system to the best Effect ?

let say like ..... centre speaker should have higher volume than which speaker....and which speaker shoukd have lower volume than which speaker ?and i should i placed my speaker position ?and where shouldn't i place my speaker on ?will hanging up a speaker to a wall affect the performance ?

Thankz

let say like ..... centre speaker should have higher volume than which speaker....and which speaker shoukd have lower volume than which speaker ?and i should i placed my speaker position ?and where shouldn't i place my speaker on ?will hanging up a speaker to a wall affect the performance ?

Thankz

Jowy85,

Don't mean to be rude but ,What is the Question...

All speakers should be set to the same level for you to fully enjoy the effects of the movie , this can be done with the help of a SPL meter.

Hanging Speakers??? There are many types of speakers ,which type are you refering too?

Area51

whoa whoa whoa.... 1 question at a time. I dun think I understand what u want to ask.

As mentioned, all speakers should sound just as loud to u. If u like, u can set any speaker to sound softer or louder as u wish.

I personally set centre front a bit lower, but its just personal preference.

All speakers should be placed at equi-distant from listening point.

Putting speakers on the wall, on the floor will give different characteristcs to the sound produced. I suggest trying all methods to determine how best it would sound. Its very subjective to anyone which sounds better.

As you can see, Jowy, we'll have our own individual preferences, and much of it depends on the user.

Follow the suggested setup references as in the manual and other sources.

Speaker performances, whether hanging or standing really depends on individual again.

Cheers

Guest duckling

At the end of the day, after setting to standard, everyone would have their own deviation from the standard. For me I always set my centre a few db higher than the rest. I like loud and clear dialogue. Just my preference.

Same here...my center speaker's volume is always louder. ;D

Guest joamonte

i dont even have a centre spk... ;D ;D

BTW i agree that its depend on individual preferences but better start with all channel same SPL level 1st,use it from a while with many different DVD to see do u like it or not...and use it as a ref. point....

dont rush to do any personal adjustment cos different DVD got different SPL on their 5.1 channel and, without a ref. we might get easy to get confuse on the setting, and...end out....we need to adjust our setting on every different DVD movie >:((i had tis experiene when i just started my HT)...

:)

Hmmm, its a bit hard to answer your type of qns. Ok, but here goes:

The angle from listening point to L spkr & R spkr should form approx 45-60 deg. Toe-ing in is recommended for front spkrs as it improves on imaging.

Ctr front should be at exactly same distance as the front spkrs. Ideally, all 7 spkrs should be at equi-distant from listening point.

The height of front speakers: All 3 spkrs should have their tweeters at exactly same height. Same goes for rear spkrs.

Of course, when u finally position your spkrs to ur room, you'll realise many ideals are not realise-able. So, don't worry if u can't meet these requirements.

BTW, Joamonte lack of centre spkr is actually better than having a physical ctr spkr. However, the sweet spot is localised to a very small location! I myself do turn the cntr spkr off sometimes.

Guest joamonte

something like tis...

ITU-R

maybe tis is the best we can do with our HT 5.1 spk. positioning...

yes,tis is actually design for DVDA and SACD,but it is also suitable for HT...go to http://www.dtsonline.com to look for the earlier version of recommended set up diagram,u will found something like tis...

and..... Jag is correct--- "when u finally position your spkrs to ur room, you'll realise many ideals are not realise-able...." :-[

Guest joamonte

of course u can do anything u want....as long as its sound good.... :)....but remember to do a compare eg .placing the spk.. beside ur ear level VS put directly behind ur head ... ;D ;D