IGNORED

Who has given up on hifi?

Came across some adverts stating that "owner giving up hobby" and thus sellin all their components. Have u guyz come across anyone who has totally lost interest in hifi? I find it hard to think that I will give up hifi one day cos I find that if u love music, u will definitely need hifi. I will only give up hifi if i give up on music, which to me is nearly impossible unless i go deaf! ;D

Hi,

Sometimes guys give up Hifi because of job, family, other interest etc.... but will return one day ;D

I personally stopped playing my Audio for almost 10 years before returning 1+ yr ago and I have upgraded/modified every piece of my equipment ;D

Happy Listening!

Bill

personally i can't understand why would people want to "give up" hifi and sell everything.

for me, i've already achieved the sound i want..so every nite when i go home..i just switch on the hifi...pick up a book to read, or logon to surf web. i don't do critical listening anymore, and can't really bother if the singer is 3 feet infront of me, or 10 feet away. Just enjoy the music..but occasionally will look up when i hear something that sounds really real.

it's still understandable if one were to sell off the hifi to raise cash. Or the owner simply can't find one system that meet his requirements and hate it so much that he just want to get rid of it.

Other than that, I really can't think of another reason.

Even if there's no time for audiophilic pursuits, it can still serve it's purpose as a "music-playback machine". There is really no need to sell everything away.

Anyway, everyone is different.. if they sell off at a good price, it's to the benefit for the rest of us ;)

yeah!!!

agree... owner gv up hifi hobby is true... heheee but he didnt say he gv up music..... :)

been 2 horn, tube, cables, interconnect, coins, tweak.... have fun playin everyone of them...now is the time for mi 2 break!!!!...

now njoyin backgnd music whenever im hm... surfin net, sleepin.... especialli when im on my way out... combin hair or dressin up tat time.... playin those santana music wow make mi POWER UP man!!!!

for me, i've already achieved the sound i want..

Congrats! Now that is something that you don't hear very often. Well maybe if most of us attain this "final nirvana" stage, there wouldn't be much used stuff for sale anymore?

i guess it's personal preference, and also the amount of $$$ in the pocket.

if i have the extra $$$, i'd definitely be tempted.. muahahahaha...

hmmm...buying the software isn't that much cheaper than the hardware..hmm....

any good online CD shop to recommend?

Am looking for Big Kahuna & the Copa Cat Pack, after watching the superb performance on Central TV last nite.

Maybe i post this in the Music forum..

Guest jonlee

ur sky pig arrived liao?

i guess it's personal preference, and also the amount of $$$ in the pocket.

if i have the extra $$$, i'd definitely be tempted.. muahahahaha...

hmmm...buying the software isn't that much cheaper than the hardware..hmm....

any good online CD shop to recommend?

Am looking for Big Kahuna & the Copa Cat Pack, after watching the superb performance on Central TV last nite.

Maybe i post this in the Music forum..

Guest hifi1

I get 'sadder' when the owner sells his whole collection of music. Always try to pursuade them to keep the softwares.

Sigh

like how ppl dumped their vinyls 20 yrs ago, without the faintest idea that those "junk" are worth a fortune now.

it's really a funny world out there :)

like how ppl dumped their vinyls 20 yrs ago, without the faintest idea that those "junk" are worth a fortune now.

it's really a funny world out there :)

i have some LPs for sale, wanna help me earn a "fortune"? ;D

I no longer play a TT as well. Have about 70+ of them .....

Anybody interested in buying mostly 80's stuff?

Depeche Mode, Madonna, Camouflage, Bros, George Michael, MJ, 2 Live Crew, dance music etc..etc...

Interested can PM me with your contact numbrt.