IGNORED

Some tv colour prob

Hi all,

There is something strange with my tv. When i on it, the colour is a bit yellowish and sometimes washed out. Image is abit fuzzy. But after "warming up" for ard half and hr, the colours settles in and everything returned to normal. It can then go on for hrs w/o any prob. And this prob only happens everytime I on my tv initially.

Is it going to spoilt soon and can it be repaired. Its a Panasonic 29" inch btw.

Hi all,

There is something strange with my tv. When i on it, the colour is a bit yellowish and sometimes washed out. Image is abit fuzzy. But after "warming up" for ard half and hr, the colours settles in and everything returned to normal. It can then go on for hrs w/o any prob. And this prob only happens everytime I on my tv initially.

Is it going to spoilt soon and can it be repaired. Its a Panasonic 29" inch btw.

Sound like one of the ICs on the TV's main motherboard gonna go kaput soon. Won't be too expensive if its just a replacement of a board IC.

Call a local TV technician to look at it if you consider Panasonic to be too expensive. ;)

Hi all,

Sound like one of the ICs on the TV's main motherboard gonna go kaput soon. Won't be too expensive if its just a replacement of a board IC.

Call a local TV technician to look at it if you consider Panasonic to be too expensive. ;)

I also have this kind of problem - colour smearing - with my 29" Sony - already 7 years old. But eh problem does not go away even after "warming up".

Any one can recommend a good technician/repairman?

• 2 weeks later...

Sometimes it is due to the solder coming off after prolong use n is not conducting properly. Normally a resolder on all the IC chips on the PCB board is able to solve the problem n make your set last for another several years.

This is only true if the ICs r still in good working condition.