IGNORED

Shinco 8700 !!

y

:)

I just tested its VGA out wif my Samsung minitor last night.

Wow !! The video quality is excellent !!

Based on the the fact that monitor tends to have higher resolution my conclusion is this Shinco player's video quality is TOP-NOTCH !!

Just for your info : the setup I used is VGA, non-flicker.

For those of you who has this player go & try it out at your monitor ! No kidding, the pix quality is simlpy 10X than my 29" TV set !! :P

By the way I also suggest that if you have a monitor that support component-in & that you have more than 1 DVD player (wif component-out) then you can make comparison on your monitor as it can give you the finnest resolution & accuracy !!

Rgds.

If using computer monitor to play DVD, then one's better off using a PC - 8700 can't get anywhere near it. Or for that matter, only a very well tweaked standalone DVD player can come close.

Radeon + TheaterTek = Amazing PQ. After tweaking = heaven

IMHO

r you sure ?Have you really seen the VGA quality displayed from 8700 ? I have a Matrox G450 playing the DVD on PC all I can say is the 8700 VGA out is comparable to it.

Just for your info.

try blowing up the image from the VGA out to a front PJ and cf the vga out of a HTPC :)

just curious, wat is the size of the monitor u're using to output from the Shinco? i've a 21" monitor.

regards

Guest duckling

In my opinion, VGA to Panny AE-100 - image quality still cannot compare to a HTPC or even the Nintaus.

Guest duckling

Anyone know is the 8700 selling well in Singapore ?

Owner pls post reply and let have a count.

I'm an proud owner of this dvd player !!!

Me too but not so proud of it...selling it once my HTPC is up. ;)