IGNORED

Color Code For Cables

Maserluv

Yo guys,

Im doin a DIY cables project & came across the Live, Netural & Gnd Color Code. Hehee have forget everything liao so muz ask all the shifu here :)

Here Goes -

1. Now if i have BROWN, BLUE & GREEN...

2. How Abt BLACK, WHITE & GREEN...

Which is LIVE, NETURAL & GND for both question??

Thanks

if u're doing the cable from scratch, then it's really up to u to decide on the color scheme, especially when the materials for all 3 wires are the same.

otherwise, follow the "norm" as described by Ender

Hi guys,

how abt a cable with black,white & green?? coz i got dis system cable wif a fixed IEC liao... i have cut away the plug side to replace wif the normal UK plug... now still tryin 2 figure out the correct one for the plug side since i couldnt take out the fixed IEC side to c :(

Black = ?

White = ?

Green = ?

btw after tryin an error.. find tat

white = live

black = netural

green = gnd...dis connection seem to be very bright & disturbin...

white = netural

black = live

green = gnd... dis connection seem much more smooth...

which is the correct one??

Like what HW said, if start from scratch, then u can decide on your own method of wiring.

If 1 side is already connected, I won;t assume 'green' is earth. I understand that china follows a diff colour code and 'green' is not 'earth'

For the above question, I don't know.. Only sure green is earth.. But black/white, scratch head ???

Hi guys,

how abt a cable with black,white & green?? coz i got dis system cable wif a fixed IEC liao... i have cut away the plug side to replace wif the normal UK plug... now still tryin 2 figure out the correct one for the plug side since i couldnt take out the fixed IEC side to c

Black = ?

White = ?

Green = ?

white = live

black = netural

white = netural

black = live

Hi guys,

how abt a cable with black,white & green?? coz i got dis system cable wif a fixed IEC liao... i have cut away the plug side to replace wif the normal UK plug... now still tryin 2 figure out the correct one for the plug side since i couldnt take out the fixed IEC side to c

Black = ?

White = ?

Green = ?

white = live

black = netural

white = netural

black = live

If that's the case, I seriously think you need to use a multimeter to check which pin is which. This is safer than asking around.

wah piang...u actually connect up to test!?!?!!?? Gosh...you're damn BRAVE!!!!

*SALUTE*

IF you can confirm that "green" is earth, then it doesn't really matter what you use for Neutral and Live (people who believe in "phase" will kill me for this)

OTHERWISE...

Get a multimeter to read resistance. Probe one pin at the IEC connector, and probe each wire at the other end.

If you get a reading, that means it's the correct wire.

I hope I got this correct!!!!

Remember this when the equipment comes from Europe.

"2 hot, 3 cold."

White is hot, black is cold. White is positive, Black is negative.

If the equip is from US, then its the reverse.

Guest jonlee

As long as ur ELCB did not trip when u plug into the wall outlet, u have got the earth correct. So, that only leaves with live/neutral.

Use a test pen to probe into the IEC socket with the plug connected into the wall outlet and power on. Check which pin lights up. This is the pin for live. If following singapore standard, with the earth pin in the centre and on top looking at you, the live pin is the one on the right of the earth pin.

However, that also depends on ur equipment. US equipment are known to follow the opposite standard (ie live pin to the left).

wah piang...u actually connect up to test!?!?!!?? Gosh...you're damn BRAVE!!!!

*SALUTE*

IF you can confirm that "green" is earth, then it doesn't really matter what you use for Neutral and Live (people who believe in "phase" will kill me for this)

OTHERWISE...

Get a multimeter to read resistance. Probe one pin at the IEC connector, and probe each wire at the other end.

If you get a reading, that means it's the correct wire.

I hope I got this correct!!!!

hey maserluv..

i've tried both pirelli and 83803, and yes..i found the 83803 smoother and darker. But then again, these are very new and not sure if more hours will make things better.

hm..since u're joining the flat earth society, do these cables matter anymore? kekekekeke... ;D ;D