IGNORED

Anime lovers ..pls see

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a BIG fan of the TV series, but I did not watch the Escaflowne movie. Was it better than the tv series or at least on par?

I luv the Escaflowne tv series soundtrack, is the movie's just as good?

Guest Jerry

I'm a BIG fan of the TV series, but I did not watch the Escaflowne movie. Was it better than the tv series or at least on par?

I read a review which says that the movie is an alternate retelling of the whole series. So if u have seen the series, u'd have seen the movie. Plus the series would have more plot and character development.

thinking of getting animation. but just dun know which one nice besides the few regular one.

are these nice:

armitage dual matrix, Spriggan, cowboy bepop, ah my goddness, etc

can recommend some other titles? i prefer movies over series.

thinking of getting animation. but just dun know which one nice besides the few regular one.

are these nice:

Cowboy Bebop (both TV and movie) is nice. Infact, my friend who just watch the movie has no problem understanding and enjoying the show. So you can just get the movie if you want...

Ah! My Goddess - if you are into romance, you'll like this.

You might want to look into these too

Read or Die (3 ep complete)

Love Hina (TV + 2 special + Again) - haven't watch Again

Initial D (Stage 1 + 2 + 3 + Extra + Battle)

FLCL (6 ep complete)

Guest Jerry

are these nice:

If u want movies, can try Wicked City, Metropolis, Spriggan, Ghost In The Shell, Perfect Blue, Vampire Hunter D and all of Miyazaki's movies (like Totoro, Princess Mononoke, Laputa, etc).

this is what the reviewer in animeondvd.com stated:

After a very successful TV series, it was pretty obvious that a movie was going to be done. Since this is a Bandai production, one of the things they do is something I really like, in that they take the same setting and characters but retell the story in a different way, one more suited to the big screen as opposed to trying to continue a completed series or make a direct adaptation.

bla bla

As much as I enjoy the TV series, from start to finish, I won't do any comparisons between the feature and that, as it's a pointless exercise. After my second time seeing the movie, I'm moving towards liking it better than the series, but the two are really different beasts and comparisons just get silly.

If u want movies, can try Wicked City, Metropolis, Spriggan, Ghost In The Shell, Perfect Blue, Vampire Hunter D and all of Miyazaki's movies (like Totoro, Princess Mononoke, Laputa, etc).

Oh yeah, how can I forget titles by Studio Ghibli?!

I'm ordering the Escaflowne Ultimate Box Set which contains the whole series, not the movie.

wow...i like series packing too...

d*** so much to buy...yet so little to spend.....

i watched the series already, juz wondering wat kind of alternate ending tat the movie will bring

Guest Jerry

I'm ordering the Escaflowne Ultimate Box Set which contains the whole series, not the movie.

i watched the series already, juz wondering wat kind of alternate ending tat the movie will bring

So would u recommend this series?

from what i read from the review, I think there is no alternate ending in the movie. just that they summarise the whole series for the movie. expect faster pace.

• 1 month later...