IGNORED

How much would u pay for 2nd hand CD player?

Guest duckling

For CDP, I prefer to get a brand new one - for $800 you can try Rotel 1070 - $800+ from KEC / Asia Sound.

Do your homework. If the CDP is relatively high end and has no reputation for being easily faulty, it is definitely worth it. Test it and get a no-questions-asked 1 week return policy and you have yourself a great buy... :)

Guest joamonte

a bit risky to buy 2nd hand CDP IMO....

some time problem will come out, like skipping,cant read on certain disc.....even on new CDP after 2/3 year if u play it too often.. :'(

further more,lazer len got life,the lazer become weak after few k hrs and even it dun skip disc, i believe the sound quality will be affected . :-[

for me, i think that buying a 2nd hand cd plyr is more risky than say, a 2nd hand amp or spkrs. have to do serious research b4 buying esp if its more than 2 yrs old. Just my opinion ;)

Perhaps true. But will you pay S$4000 for a 2nd hand Linn Sondek CD12? It all depends on how much discount off the original price is and whether the condition/reliabilty is worth your dough.

I think that if you are careful, you can buy everything 2nd hand without a hitch. Everything in my system is 2nd hand and the previous and the previous and the previous... :)

[Perhaps true. But will you pay S$4000 for a 2nd hand Linn Sondek CD12? It all depends on how much discount off the original price is and whether the condition/reliabilty is worth your dough.

I think that if you are careful, you can buy everything 2nd hand without a hitch. Everything in my system is 2nd hand and the previous and the previous and the previous... :)

i tend to hear that budget 2nd hand cd plyr like marantz and nad are more prone to problems, or am i wrong?