IGNORED

Samsung 32" Digital Widescreen 16:9 TV

Another Widescreen 16:9 TV is here, the Samsung 32" true Digital Widescreen TV. (The test of a true Digital TV is that it can receive TV Mobile braodcast which is transmitted digitally).

Wow, can finally watch widescreen DVDs properly, instead of suffering with the 4:3 TVs.

All digital TVs can accept true Progressive Scan display from a progressive output DVD Player (eg Pioneer 733).

Advertised price is $3,999 but you can get it at $3,500 from KEC.

http://www.samsung.com.sg/tv/plano/cs_32z4hf.html

This set has been around for almost half a yr already. I've seen it being demoed at Harvey Norman Parkway everyday since it's launch here. It seems to me that it's just a normal CTV. I don't think it is actually capable of receiving digital broadcast signal. Did you actually tried out the set at KEC to see if it could really receive digital broadcast signals?

The term 'Digital' used in its web-site seems to me to be just a play on the word only - Digital 100hz, Digital Progressive Scan, Digital DSP, preparing the way for digital broadcasting, etc.

This set has been around for almost half a yr already. I've seen it being demoed at Harvey Norman Parkway everyday since it's launch here. It seems to me that it's just a normal CTV. I don't think it is actually capable of receiving digital broadcast signal. Did you actually tried out the set at KEC to see if it could really receive digital broadcast signals?

The term 'Digital' used in its web-site seems to me to be just a play on the word only - Digital 100hz, Digital Progressive Scan, Digital DSP, preparing the way for digital broadcasting, etc.

Hmm .. you have a point there. Must confirm with KEC, but they don't have the set on display.