IGNORED

Where to get cheapest Shinco 8700PS?

Saw it today at Safe Superstore, they having some "big sale" - S$439. Dun sound like a "sale" to me. Any kakis got better lobang? :P

The big shops are the most expensive in Singapore. That's a known fact, but still many people buy from them !

Guest joamonte

Merdeka Audio is at SLS....but some time their price on certain products also consider high compare to other SLS or PP shop....cos they are also counted as "big shops" in Spore... ::)

i will always remember how they mark up the pioneer 838A DVDP to $1680 when it just arrive and they reserve all the stock,and 838A surpose to sell at +/-$1200 acording to japanese yen exchange rate.... >:(

now the 838A is sellin at +/-$ 1150 every where.. :(

Guest duckling

May I know where is Merdeka Audio? I stay at west SG, any nearer shop? Thx.

They have a branch at IMM - Jurong East.

May I know where is Merdeka Audio? I stay at west SG, any nearer shop? Thx.

Thx! IMM is close to my place. Do they have any online site like KEC so I can call them up b4 going down to get my set?

Many thx in advance!

They have a branch at IMM - Jurong East.

Guest duckling

Does shops like PA and KEC has installment plan as well?

I know KEC has instalment plan, not sure abt PA.

I am toking abt those UOB no-interest installment plan. Does both shops have that?

I am toking abt those UOB no-interest installment plan. Does both shops have that?

forget abt those "no-interest" installment,,they had already factored in the interest lost.....just go and ask such shops abt their price for "cash", "installment" and by visa...u will be surprised by the difference.

forget abt those "no-interest" installment,,they had already factored in the interest lost.....just go and ask such shops abt their price for "cash", "installment" and by visa...u will be surprised by the difference.

If you are talking about shops like Best Denki and Harvey Norman, there is no difference between the retailed 'cash' price and interest-free credit card instalment price. There is a great difference if you are comparing 'cash' price with their own hire-purchase schemes though. Interest-free credit card schemes are offered and managed by the card card companies concerned and not by the retailers concerned.

Nowadays, it is possible to bargain for a lower price at Best Denki and Harvey Norman and still pay by 'interest-free' instalment scheme and also keep the free gifts that they sometimes bundle with the goods (with some tough bargaining and very thick skin of course ;)). I did just that when I bought a Pioneer dvd player earleir on and also later helped a friend get a Toshiba 43A9UE from Best Denki, both at much lower price than stated.

It might not be worth the effort for cheaper equipment like the Shinco 8700 but not very many of us can afford to dish out $4K up front for a high-end TV say.

Nowadays, it is possible to bargain for a lower price at Best Denki and Harvey Norman and still pay by 'interest-free' instalment scheme and also keep the free gifts that they sometimes bundle with the goods (with some tough bargaining and very thick skin of course ;)).

Must learn from PSChia how to bargain in big store. Actually some of the freebies from these big stores are quite attractive but price not so attractive. If can bargain, then can consider wor.

/bow shi fu..

If you are talking about shops like Best Denki and Harvey Norman, there is no difference between the retailed 'cash' price and interest-free credit card instalment price. There is a great difference if you are comparing 'cash' price with their own hire-purchase schemes though. Interest-free credit card schemes are offered and managed by the card card companies concerned and not by the retailers concerned.

Nowadays, it is possible to bargain for a lower price at Best Denki and Harvey Norman and still pay by 'interest-free' instalment scheme and also keep the free gifts that they sometimes bundle with the goods (with some tough bargaining and very thick skin of course ;)). I did just that when I bought a Pioneer dvd player earleir on and also later helped a friend get a Toshiba 43A9UE from Best Denki, both at much lower price than stated.

It might not be worth the effort for cheaper equipment like the Shinco 8700 but not very many of us can afford to dish out $4K up front for a high-end TV say.

Hmm...how did u bargain? Intend to get a DVD mini hifi system from the big stores with the UOB installment plan soon

Hmm...how did u bargain? Intend to get a DVD mini hifi system from the big stores with the UOB installment plan soon

Just as you would at any of your neighbourhood shops....ask for a discount. But be prepared for some sales persons who do not want to bargain at all and flat outright turn you down. Try someone else at the store until you find one who's willing to haggle with you. What you could do is tell the guy or gal that you or your friend was offered or had got discounts at another of their branches (be prepared to quote which branch... for Best Denki, you can try quoting Marina Sq ...hope they are still in operation :D ...I think they have a reputation for giving discounts to finalise a sale.. maybe because of their not so popular location).

if u dare and thick face, go sim lim tower and square, big surprise on 8700ps price but prepare to see some black face.....if u are bad temper, worry about after sale service and can not tahan poor service (which most s'porean are), my advice is stick to neigbourhood shop and big shops....

if u dare and thick face, go sim lim tower and square, big surprise on 8700ps price but prepare to see some black face.....if u are bad temper, worry about after sale service and can not tahan poor service (which most s'porean are), my advice is stick to neigbourhood shop and big shops....

why the bad face ?

most of the shops in SLS are not reknown for gud aftersale.....basically just go there,,,ask for a price,, bargain ,,happy buy...not happy go off lor,,,,some shop do try to explain the technical aspect of the products,,,but majority are just....well hypocrite,,,ask abit more,,they will just give u the" either u buy or get lost" attitude.... as for aftersale service...unless the equipment cant power up,,,else all other problems have to be referred to the equipment local agent....for shinco case,,,they are located in the basement of sls.

Just as you would at any of your neighbourhood shops....ask for a discount. But be prepared for some sales persons who do not want to bargain at all and flat outright turn you down. Try someone else at the store until you find one who's willing to haggle with you. What you could do is tell the guy or gal that you or your friend was offered or had got discounts at another of their branches (be prepared to quote which branch... for Best Denki, you can try quoting Marina Sq ...hope they are still in operation :D ...I think they have a reputation for giving discounts to finalise a sale.. maybe because of their not so popular location).

First time, I heard that Big shops can bargain one...hehe

Anyway if I am looking for this Pioneer HTZ-77 at $999, what do u think is a reasonable price to bargain for?...

Anyway if I am looking for this Pioneer HTZ-77 at $999, what do u think is a reasonable price to bargain for?...

You can start at People's Audio at People's Park (look up PhoneBook for address). Straightaway at least $100 lower, no need to bargan, but can go lower by another $50 to $100 if you bargain real hard. But the salesmen are good face readers - and if you are anxious to buy, they can tell your anxiety, and refuse to lower any more !

In short, you have to adopt the cool disinterested look, and show the "I can buy anytime from anywhere else" face to them.

I know abt the price at PA. as my fren get it from there.But most prob. getting from Best, as they may give free bike for the purchases. Anyway are the sets from Best region free as well?

You can start at People's Audio at People's Park (look up PhoneBook for address). Straightaway at least $100 lower, no need to bargan, but can go lower by another $50 to $100 if you bargain real hard. But the salesmen are good face readers - and if you are anxious to buy, they can tell your anxiety, and refuse to lower any more !

In short, you have to adopt the cool disinterested look, and show the "I can buy anytime from anywhere else" face to them.

I know abt the price at PA. as my fren get it from there.But most prob. getting from Best, as they may give free bike for the purchases. Anyway are the sets from Best region free as well?

I believe all the dvd players sold at Best are region-free as nobody will buy a R3 set at the same price as the region-free one. All the Pioneer sets that I had bought from them in the past have been region-free anyway. Just ask them to confirm. Best has a 7-day return and oce-for-one exchange policy for defective sets anyway. If it didn't turn out to be region-free as they have claimed, just bring back and exchange it.