IGNORED

I just saw a 6mth old Dynaudio Audience 122...

doogie

....clearing at half price (new SGD1400 from Audiojas) ...about $750........

Just saw it yesterday at the former AVP Tech, now with a new name: Coherence Audio.

Look for Ron Ong, then man himself.

A trade in pair, magnetically shielded, new condition - try it with Jeff Rowland Model 8Ti/Consonance and MBL transport/DAC.

Tip: try to bargain :P

Dear Duckling,

If you noticed....I wasn't selling...just informing our dear forumers.......

I think the thread should stay on the main forum....the intention is not to sell....but rather to INFORM! Moving is not right!

Any other moderators concur?

Let this be a test case!

Let's look at the intent; Audio forum is more for technical exchanges, readers mostly discuss brand A vs B, ask for recommendation, compatibility, etc.

Sales forum is more for user to post items for sales, and for bargain hunters to pick up potential good deals here.

Your post is more for sharing a good deal offered by a 3rd party, so I think thus forum is a better fit.

In any case, we appreciate your effort to share this piece of useful info, and hope you're not offended by the move 8)

p.s. I'm a user, not a moderator.

Guest duckling

Dear Duckling,

I think the thread should stay on the main forum....the intention is not to sell....but rather to INFORM! Moving is not right!

Let this be a test case!

Your initial content stated that it's a pair of speaker FS - hence misleading.

Guess you've modified the content will moved it back to Planet Audio.

I Agreed that non sales thread stays in main forum for further discussion.

Thanks for pointing it out. ;)

Dear Duckling,

Let this be a test case!

Your initial content stated that it's a pair of speaker FS - hence misleading.

Guess you've modified the content will moved it back to Planet Audio.

I Agreed that non sales thread stays in main forum for further discussion.

Thanks for pointing it out. ;)

The original intention of my post is still to inform. I never posted anything with FS on it in the original post. The heading may have been misintepreted by you (obviously "FS" came into your lively imagination) but I still think you should read my post in detailed before deciding to move it to sales planet. I am not the one selling...just sharing what might be a good deal to some.

You have the prerogative to put it back to the sales forum if you still think it is appropriate there......but I guess it would not be a very popular move if you were to do so. Still I do not think there is a need for a moderator panel to moderate moderators (or global moderators)....YET!

How is this one compared to my current Dynaudio Audience 60?

;D

I'm afraid I have not compared them side by side.

The 122 is driven by very high quality equipment and I'm sure it sounds nice.

The only way is to bring your 60s to compare :P . Not much help eh?

well yes it is helpful. The 122 is slimer with double woofers. means better bass and midrange but probably even harder to drive. Jeff Rowland Model 8 with Consonance. oops. heehee... that makes some sense to me. ;D

Seems there was some confusion earlier on regarding this post.. just thought I'd try to help clear the air.. in case everyone thinks that the moderator has gone MIA..

Since doogie's intention is to inform, there is no dispute that this is allowed (and encouraged) here. duckling only moved it as he mis-interpreted it to be a sales post.

So far, we've not had many postings which needed moderator's intervention. Continue to keep things relevant, cordial and helpful.. Keep up the good work, guys.. ;)

PS.. I've been keeping a rather low profile recently as I've been caught up with other matters.. but I do come in every now and then to check that things are in order.

Guest jonlee

hahaha...tk...I thought u overseas or ICT or something and duckling standing in for u.

just curious, shouldn't the moderator of individual forum decide whether the post is suitable for each forum? if not, why a need for different moderator for different forum (other than to share the load)?

Guest duckling

It's a misunderstanding from the start and matter has already been resolved, let's not ponder abt it anymore.

Doogie has already modified his post and I'd moved back this post to the rightful planet.

Case closed.