IGNORED

Comments on Rega Mira 2000

Guest duckling

Guest duckling

Hi,

anyone here using Rega Amp? Care to share your experience, especially the Mira 2000.

I was thinking of using it for Epos M12. Since many of you guys agreed that M12 needs to partner with care. How abt the Mira?

I believe no one else here have as much experience as you with the Mira 2000

you should be the best person to judge

ANyway, I have heard the Mira 2000 before. Full Rega setup with the Planet 2000 and a Jura. Very cohessive sounding and tuneful bass. Comparison is done against an Exposure Super XX with the same source and speakers. The Exposure sounds more exciting with exceptional imaging. THe Mira has a softer treble and more wooly bass. Both setups sounded very involving and managed to make my feet start tapping.

The Epos should go well with the Mira 2000 since the Mira is reputed to have very good drive and speed. Careful choice of cables will be important.

BTW, if you go for the Epos, you have to get their ugly looking stands or else, the magic will not be there

Last check with Absolute Sound, they dun bring in the EPOS M12 stand. Not sure if AS smoke me or not ???

BTW, DUCKLING, where do you buy your M12 from? I am still not sure of M12 or Audience 52. I hv not done an audition with the 52 yet. So hv no ideal how the 52 sound.

All shop carrying Dynaudio dun hv stock with 52, call up local agent, they say new new shipment late June or early July. Getting quite impatience. Klas Audio has it and it cost S$1100.

Just my 2Cents.

I believe no one else here have as much experience as you with the Mira 2000

you should be the best person to judge

ANyway, I have heard the Mira 2000 before. Full Rega setup with the Planet 2000 and a Jura. Very cohessive sounding and tuneful bass. Comparison is done against an Exposure Super XX with the same source and speakers. The Exposure sounds more exciting with exceptional imaging. THe Mira has a softer treble and more wooly bass. Both setups sounded very involving and managed to make my feet start tapping.

The Epos should go well with the Mira 2000 since the Mira is reputed to have very good drive and speed. Careful choice of cables will be important.

BTW, if you go for the Epos, you have to get their ugly looking stands or else, the magic will not be there

Guest duckling

Last check with Absolute Sound, they dun bring in the EPOS M12 stand. Not sure if AS smoke me or not ???

BTW, DUCKLING, where do you buy your M12 from? I am still not sure of M12 or Audience 52. I hv not done an audition with the 52 yet. So hv no ideal how the 52 sound.

All shop carrying Dynaudio dun hv stock with 52, call up local agent, they say new new shipment late June or early July. Getting quite impatience. Klas Audio has it and it cost S$1100.

Just my 2Cents.

I do not have the M12 yet...still using my Titus XS. Even if I were to buy, I'll never get from AS.

Previously Klas was selling the 52s @ $800+, one of the XP member, yapks got it.

I thot AS is the local agent for EPOS. Why not buy from AS?

Wah so lucky to paid S$800+ for the 52 from KLAS. All the shop that carries 52 is selling at S$8++ to S$900. Why he increase har, maybe need to pay for rent in Adelphi issit?

Business seem to be affected after KEC has Lelong SALE.

Just my 2Cents.

Just my 2Cents.

I do not have the M12 yet...still using my Titus XS. Even if I were to buy, I'll never get from AS.

Previously Klas was selling the 52s @ $800+, one of the XP member, yapks got it.

• 2 weeks later...

I every own a mira 2000. Good tonal characteristic, sound stage, layering, sweat vocals. I pair it with JMlab chorous 715, too bad it seems not powerfull enough that I find it lack of bass, change to old Arcam delta 290 improve the bottom. Guess the mira and jmlab was not a good match.