IGNORED

Dynaudio T2.5 Speaker

humyt

Anyone knows where I can demo this speaker in Singapore & how much would a pair cost?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!

humyt

If only use for stereo, you can try to find 2ndhand contour 2.8 from oversea (for the price of new T2.5) . I am currently using the 2.8. Like the sound a lot. Only one problem....difficult to drive. BTW, the 2.8 is the only contour that come with a Esotar tweater.

If only use for stereo, you can try to find 2ndhand contour 2.8 from oversea (for the price of new T2.5) . I am currently using the 2.8. Like the sound a lot. Only one problem....difficult to drive. BTW, the 2.8 is the only contour that come with a Esotar tweater.

Wouldn't shipping from overseas cost a bomb?

Has anyone tried before, if so, any good internet dealers for Dynaudio?

Cheers!

humyt

Hey Chaos

Stereo Electronics quite near my place. Do they keep stocks of Dynaudio spks?

Just my 2Cents.

don't think it is avail here...

You can check with Audio Jas (Sembawang) or Stereo ELectronics...they might be willing to order a pair for you

Pls do advise also on the problems and precautions to take whenever shipping speakers from overseas :)

Buying stuff from overseas does involve risk. Especially big items like speakers. Think reputation of the source is most critical. Also should ask if the seller has kept the original packaging foam/carton. Some photos would be helpful (though still depending on the integrity of the seller).

I do not have experience of buying speakers from oversea. I got mine from someone who did that. The condition of my speakers is perfect like new. But guess this is only one positive example and there should be some negative one (depend on your luck).

[if only use for stereo, you can try to find 2ndhand contour 2.8 from oversea (for the price of new T2.5) . I am currently using the 2.8. Like the sound a lot. Only one problem....difficult to drive. BTW, the 2.8 is the only contour that come with a Esotar tweater.

The 2.8 is not the only Contour with Esotar, its big brother 4.0 is a 3 way with an addition of a mid range driver.

Shipping in from overseas does not involve great risks, I have done it numerous times without even a single undesirable incident, but I could be lucky... ;D

If you are shipping a pair of Audience series spks, it is not worth the effort but if you buying a pair of Confidence series, that is another story. Having said this, Dynaudio spks are priced very competitively here. When you decide to do so, let me know.

Cheers!

humyt

I suggested that coz it is very difficult to find a used pair of contour 2.8 in Singapore.

Cheers!

humyt

I suggested that coz it is very difficult to find a used pair of contour 2.8 in Singapore.

It is next to impossible getting a 2.8 in Singapore! The only way will be to buy it from Key. Same thing for the 4.0, not a single one in Singapore. Only buy from overseas if it is not available here, cos Singapore's hi-fi equipment prices is one of the lowest, even if you can save that little bit, it is simply not worth it... :)

It is next to impossible getting a 2.8 in Singapore! The only way will be to buy it from Key. Same thing for the 4.0, not a single one in Singapore. Only buy from overseas if it is not available here, cos Singapore's hi-fi equipment prices is one of the lowest, even if you can save that little bit, it is simply not worth it... :)

Haha! buy from me. Someone already booked it...that is if I ever sell it one day ;D