IGNORED

Recommend an AMP?

Guest nu-form

Guest nu-form

Hi guys, I'm kinda new here....please be gentle. :P

Anyway, I'm planning to upgrade my AMP soon (currently using a NAD C320, yes its an old model..I'm too cheap to upgrade :P) and I was wondering what AMP would you guys recommend for a budget between $600-$1000?

I'm using it with my AE Aegis One speakers.

Thank you! :D

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

U can consider try the Nad370 or Rotel1060,

Or alternatively with yr kind of budget u can keep a look out for 2nd hi-end amps...Believe some of the forumers here can guide u...

The Aegis are fine speakers....

With your budget, maybe you can consider the Jolida JD1501 which is selling in the Classiads (I am not related to the sell). Quite a nice amp, smooth mids with deep tight bass.

If you want new ones....can try the Primare A10, price should be less than $1k

With that budget you have plenty of choice, but I agree with eow that you should buy a higher-end 2nd hand amp. If you like the NAD 320, the 370 is natural progression, but it's same NAD sound, although probably weightier. There's no huge difference btw NAD, Rotel, Arcam etc so a higher-end amp would be ideal. Do some research into the kind of amps that would suit your music taste, then when a good 2nd hand offer comes up, get it.

best rgds

i recommend not to touch the primare a10 it is said to be a amplifier with poor realism in reproduction of music.

i would suggest you try the 2nd hand jolida mentioned above or arcam amps ... i have very good experience with arcam amps. ;)

Anyway, I'm planning to upgrade my AMP soon (currently using a NAD C320, yes its an old model..I'm too cheap to upgrade :P) and I was wondering what AMP would you guys recommend for a budget between $600-$1000?

Had the same setup when I was starting out. Had a Marantz 6000OSE + NAD 320 + Aegis One. Biggest improvement was when I actually added a preamp. The sound opened up tremendously. I got quite a big shock when that happened. After that other changes was only incremental at most. A different route you might want to consider.

Guest jonlee

I would second the hybrid 100W jolida, going for around $950 in singnet currently. If I have not got myself an used Creek recently, I would go for that Jolida.

I've recently bought a CDP from singnet, and the seller is using the hybrid jolida and triangle titus. A few days later, both items were on sale in singnet. If it is from the same seller, then it is a good deal as the equipment are in very good condition, plus the seller is a very nice person.

One thing to note. Jolida is an US brand, but made in China. If u are against China product, then give jolida a miss.

However, it might not be him. So please don't simply take my word.

With ur bugdet you should be able to find a decent AMPs. Which suit you most, Solid State or Tube AMP?

Work towards your interest and go for audition.

Just my 2Cents.

Which Model of CREEK you are using JONLEE? I saw a CREEK 5250SE at AudioLine in Sembawang Shopping Centre last weekend. Which spks do you used with?

Just my 2Cents.

I would second the hybrid 100W jolida, going for around $950 in singnet currently. If I have not got myself an used Creek recently, I would go for that Jolida.

I've recently bought a CDP from singnet, and the seller is using the hybrid jolida and triangle titus. A few days later, both items were on sale in singnet. If it is from the same seller, then it is a good deal as the equipment are in very good condition, plus the seller is a very nice person.

One thing to note. Jolida is an US brand, but made in China. If u are against China product, then give jolida a miss.

However, it might not be him. So please don't simply take my word.

Hi Nu-form.

You should check the JoLida hybrid(100w).Sound pretty good plus nice feature and remote control.The owner lives at Bishan.Nice guy.I was at his place because of the Triangle Titus,another good speaker with affordable price.Saw the JoLida and still in excellent condition.Take a look and listen first before commiting.Best if you can bring your speakers(if u drive) for audition cos he don't have any speakers to try(......his Triangle Titus I sapu liao!).He'll most probably allow you to do so. Good luck!.

Hallo Jonlee,

you got the same and right person if his name is Mr.Q(teacher).

Cheers.

Guest jonlee

60W 6060, with Epos M12.

Which Model of CREEK you are using JONLEE? I saw a CREEK 5250SE at AudioLine in Sembawang Shopping Centre last weekend. Which spks do you used with?

Just my 2Cents.

Guest jonlee

Seems like the same person (but I can't remember his profession)...but I thought it was in Hougang and not Bishan? Is the owner staying in a masionate, and his hifi is in the small room, to the left of the living room once u enter the main door?

If u sapo his Titus, that means his Celius will be akan datan liao.

Hi Nu-form.

You should check the JoLida hybrid(100w).Sound pretty good plus nice feature and remote control.The owner lives at Bishan.Nice guy.I was at his place because of the Triangle Titus,another good speaker with affordable price.Saw the JoLida and still in excellent condition.Take a look and listen first before commiting.Best if you can bring your speakers(if u drive) for audition cos he don't have any speakers to try(......his Triangle Titus I sapu liao!).He'll most probably allow you to do so. Good luck!.

Hallo Jonlee,

you got the same and right person if his name is Mr.Q(teacher).

Cheers.

Oooops!.

Not Bishan.Yes he lives in Hougang(Ave.6,I think).

Yes,a nice maisonette but his system is in the living room sharing with a huge Projection screen TV.Since I sapu his Titus and you sapu his Marantz 6000 OSE,he's left with the JoLida amp.

What is this Celius thing?....a bigger Triangle range he is buying?. He did'nt mention that he is upgrading because he told me the reason he's selling cos no time for hifi.Anyway not our business.....

enjoy the music.

How is the sound from the M12? Am Deciding to have the M12 or DYNAUDIO Audience 52.

Any comments with M12?

Just my 2Cents.

60W 6060, with Epos M12.

Just my 2Cents.

Guest jonlee

I sapu his CD4000.

Celius is a new, bigger triangle floorstander. $3.3k from Norman Audio.

Oooops!.

Not Bishan.Yes he lives in Hougang(Ave.6,I think).

Yes,a nice maisonette but his system is in the living room sharing with a huge Projection screen TV.Since I sapu his Titus and you sapu his Marantz 6000 OSE,he's left with the JoLida amp.

What is this Celius thing?....a bigger Triangle range he is buying?. He did'nt mention that he is upgrading because he told me the reason he's selling cos no time for hifi.Anyway not our business.....

enjoy the music.

Guest nu-form

Thanks for all the help guys, anyway this Hifi of mine was bought quite sometime back. The CDP is a simple C520.

There's a slight problem with my C320 as well, don't know if repairing it would be Beyond Economic Repair.

Right now it requires a sligth warm-up time in order to get sound from the right channel. Usually its after a long time of inactivity from the amplifier. Left channel's fine though.

Anyone knows what's happening to my dear C320?

Sent it back to local agent to service it. C320 is a good AMP, it's a waste not to service it to it's former glory.

Anyway the local agent is GP Acoustics at Genting Lane.

Just my 2Cents.

Thanks for all the help guys, anyway this Hifi of mine was bought quite sometime back. The CDP is a simple C520.

There's a slight problem with my C320 as well, don't know if repairing it would be Beyond Economic Repair.

Right now it requires a sligth warm-up time in order to get sound from the right channel. Usually its after a long time of inactivity from the amplifier. Left channel's fine though.

Anyone knows what's happening to my dear C320?

Guest duckling

I am no expert but heard that onkyo amp is good. the cost is less than $700. the price is quoted to me by a guy who sell home entertainment system at IMM level 1 beside BK.

I guess you're refering to IMM Home Theater Room - Atlantic Technology.

Guest duckling

yup, that is the one. the sales guy which is quite plump is very professional and knowledgable.

He was very rude to me the last time I visited the shop. Will never go back to them again!! >:(

He was very rude to me the last time I visited the shop. Will never go back to them again!! >:(

yup, at times he suan u a bit. haha. but overall, ok lah at least he bother to demo different systems (with dvd, dvd audio, vcd, sacd, movies, music, dts etc) to me from 9pm till 10.30pm when all other shops closed. not like the shop opposite best denki, did not even want to entertain me.

Guest duckling

yup, at times he suan u a bit. haha. but overall, ok lah at least he bother to demo different systems (with dvd, dvd audio, vcd, sacd, movies, music, dts etc) to me from 9pm till 10.30pm when all other shops closed. not like the shop opposite best denki, did not even want to entertain me.

Wahh...you still remember. ;D

Oohh..the shop opposite Best Denki is Digital AV. :)