Cairn Fog v2.0 CD Player

Nope. Care to share wat's unique about this CDP that caught your interest. At first read Fog as Frog and wondering wat has a frog got to do with Audio. ;D

BTW, did u subscribe to Stereophile or bought off the shelf? Mine is always delivered very late. :(

Nope. Care to share wat's unique about this CDP that caught your interest. At first read Fog as Frog and wondering wat has a frog got to do with Audio. ;D

BTW, did u subscribe to Stereophile or bought off the shelf? Mine is always delivered very late. :(

my may issue haven arrived too >:(

woah..that's bad... mine always arrive on the 6th or 7th day latest.

anyway, don't think i'd receive the June copy because i did not renew the subscription.

my may issue haven arrived too >:(

I just received my May copy on the last week of May! Typically i get around 3rd week. Seem to be routed through some distribution center in Europe.

I was referring to the June copy. Will have to wait long long.

Guest jonlee

The Fog is upgradeable. The basis ic 24/44.1, can upgrade to 24/96 or 24/192.

The 24/192 was present at my place when I held a CDP powwow last time. Those who were there will remember roughly how the CDP sound like.

Personally, I will prefer the YBA CD Complete over the Fog, both available at Norman Audio.

i think one of our forumers, kzone, is using the cairn cdp.

Guest jonlee

yup...audio refinement...made by YBA...sama sama.... :)

Think you're referring to the Audio Refinement CD Complete and not YBA. Right?

The entry level YBA CDP is the CD Special, next comes the CD Integre.

It appeared that way. Some internal parts of the components and the remote are actually YBA.

However, I've read from a chinese hifi magazine and found that AR is actually designed made by a different company in Taiwan, and the boss of this Taiwan company is very closely associated with YBA, thus, they co-operated to market the AR products as entry level YBA products.

So AR is sharing the YBA name, but atually not YBA. Having said that, AR products do carry some shades of the YBA sound ;)