Help with Sony TA F 333 ESR switch

Dear Fellow Members

The amplifier has 4 selector switches which use 'rotary slider switch'. The switches are mechanical devices with flex ribbons. On rotating the switch, the ribbon is pushed/retracted which in turn pushes a button on the input pcb in the back of the amp near the input rca jacks. The manual lists them as rotary slider switch or remote. 

One of the switch has  developed a problem (worn out plastic housing) and it does not lock in its position. This in turn does not press the relevant button and no action takes place. 

The injured switch is the direct in /integrated/adaptor switch and it does not lock on the left side i e. direct in. Tech says repair of the housing is not possible as the working area is less than 2 mm.

Googling did not give favourable alternative to the switch as I didn't know what exactly bto ask google. I am looking for alternatives for replacing the switch or repair possibility. 

Photo attached for reference.

Regards

Bhuvaneshwar

IMG_20210613_184914.jpg

Regretfully; this type of  rotary control action via  a  flat  cable to a  slider switch is a custom built assembly and  if Sony can no longer supply it and  the  cable ends cannot be patched up by re-trimming, then  you have a serious service  problem.  If there is room inside the case then it may be possible to fit  a relay operated function selector panel. A great deal of work would be  required and it may not be an economic proposition.

• Like 2

Thanks @VanArn

I have not contacted sony as it is late 80s amp.

I am looking at a similiar solution as suggested by you - some sort of rotary selector electro mechanical switch but without relays as the board would need its own power supply.

Regards

Bhuvaneshwar

• Like 1