Hey guys,

This weekend I am going to start building my first martycube. Coming from a SVS PB13 ultra, I found in my large(ish) lounge room, that’s also open to a staircase and kitchen… that it lacked a lot. 

Due to size constraints I believe I’ll only be able to build one, and so I’m going to buy a Behringer NX3000d. And if I’m impressed with how it turns out I might add one further down the track. 

I’ve been set on the 18” 460HO however now that it’s come time to actually buying it I can’t stop thinking if I should buy the UM18 instead. Use will be 80HT 20 for music. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

1 hour ago, Twisty.13 said:

Yeah right, thanks for that mate! 

At a line ball, the UM has it.... but it's unlikely you'll be able to find the difference in practise.

The UM has larger max excursion capability, but.... you'll never use that at the upper end of the sub (eg. 80Hz) unless you are summoning the police ..... and at the lower end, you're not going to have the amp power to push the driver that far.

Go the UM if you have the choice..... but it's small.   EQ and in room setup is a million times more important.

Did you get the flat pack shipped down here? What sort of shipping cost?

8 hours ago, Twisty.13 said:

@RePete nah mate I didn’t get a flat pack, just gonna build it from scratch. 

is there detailed planes or are you just using the overall dimension and estimating the port size?

3 hours ago, RePete said:

is there detailed planes or are you just using the overall dimension and estimating the port size?

If you have a look at AVforums there is heaps of them. 

• Like 1