Help with Transparent MusicWave Speaker Cable

Hi everyone,

My brother has a pair of Transparent Music Wave Super speaker cables. They are pretty old, maybe 10+ years.

As typical high end Transparent they have a big box which I believe they call the Network box.

My question is which end does the Network box connect to?

There are no arrows or markings on the cable or Network box. Only that the box is closer to one end of the cable than the other.

So does the box sit close to the amp, or close to the speaker?

TIA

IMG-511d1b69949d96db11405e73397771bd-V.thumb.jpg.ec876305403410cbda83607e7fb9c9e7.jpg

The network boxes  should be installed closer to the speakers.

Mark

If you look at the badge on the network, mine has an arrow pointing the direction  just under the model designation 

This one has no arrows  on the box.

Based on the post suggest above, the IC versions should have the box closest to the amp, but it sounds like the speaker cable version should have the box closest to the speakers?

IMG-8d29cd48ef54dc8b7e737d98b103c096-V.thumb.jpg.668ebf03667256da5d6c789d6d8f1ccd.jpg

I’ve always run the  speaker cables with the networks downstream- interconnects run the same way as well.

Enjoy👍

Here’s an example in our classifieds, they have arrows. 
Note how the box is located on the length of the cable

Neo

For an xlr, the direction is dictated by the connectors anyway 

True, all the transparent cables with this type of box have an arrow indicating direction of the signal. Thats what I observed from the pictures on the net.

Neo

Edited by Neo

18 hours ago, puunda said:

Based on the post suggest above, the IC versions should have the box closest to the amp, but it sounds like the speaker cable version should have the box closest to the speakers?

IOW, the 'box' is at the destination end - whether IC or spkr cable.  Which makes sense (to me, anyway!).

Andy

22 hours ago, andyr said:

IOW, the 'box' is at the destination end - whether IC or spkr cable.  Which makes sense (to me, anyway!).

Andy

Yes you are correct.

When I posted this I also emailed Transparent the same question and they too have confirmed this.