I've been searching for an Entertainment Unit 1.6-1.8m long which will fit my Denon AVR-X3400H for over a year now. The Denon appears to be a standard AVR size 435w x 400d+25knobs x 170h I just can't find a unit which will fit it, the depth is the biggest issue. 

Are modern TV units not designed for AVRs anymore? They assume everyone just has soundbars now?

Any ideas? Show me what you've got? Looking for a "low line" unit which will conceal all the cables. Are stands/racks the only option for people wanting a full sized AVR and surround sound?

@Campbell Have you tried Harvey Norman? That was who was suggested to me when I asked this same question 6 months ago. I ended up getting lucky and finding a great one on gumtree.

Depending on your budget and requirements theres quite a few places that can build one to order to if you are looking for something specific.

I know what you're saying, trying to accommodate a decent sized AVR, an amp and a larger centre channel can be quite a challenge. 

I came across this some time ago and at 45 cm deep I've cut the rear out totally behind the left hand shelves for ventilation and cable access and removed the doors to give a bit at the front too. 

https://www.fantasticfurniture.com.au/Categories/Living-%26-Dining/Living-Room/Entertainment-Units/Toronto-210cm-Entertainment-Unit/p/TONLOWLGE210ACADUB

Width easily accommodates a 65" TV too. 

For the price it was pretty hard to beat. 

20210622_040211.jpg

I found one unit at Harvey Norman and one at a boutique furniture store that would house my avr, centre channel and associated gear. 

Both looked good but were very poorly made from cheap pine or chipboard and they were asking $5,000 for each. 

I found a cabinet maker on Parramatta Rd that custom made me a TV unit, coffee table and buffet table with wine rack out of Tasmanian Oak for $3,300 total. Workmanship was great and they are going very well 5+ years later. 

Timber prices are crazy now but I'd design it yourself and get someone to make it for you

Yep, my last 3 cabinets have been custom made by a local cabinet maker.  I’ve gone 25mm mdf with a high gloss painted finish in the colour of my choice.  About $1,500 each.

Edited by Kaynin

Had one of these delivered to Perth for the kids' rumpus room. It's really heavy and well made.

Buy Linear Entertainment Unit - Black | TV Unit from RJ Living Collection

Took the back off and removed the internal shelf on one side to accommodate a Denon 4308 and Elektra Theatron, with sources and gaming consoles on the other side. Remotes all work through the slatted front, so keeping the doors closed at all times and concealing everything provides extremely high WAF.

(I actually repurposed the internal shelf as a plinth to lift the Denon and Elektra up a little bit, to clear the frame on the rear.)

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/22/2021 at 8:16 AM, Kaynin said:

Yep, my last 3 cabinets have been custom made by a local cabinet maker.  I’ve gone 25mm mdf with a high gloss painted finish in the colour of my choice.  About $1,500 each.

Hi Kaynin,

Mind sharing the cabinet makers details?

On 6/22/2021 at 2:52 PM, Mining Man said:

Had one of these delivered to Perth for the kids' rumpus room. It's really heavy and well made.

Buy Linear Entertainment Unit - Black | TV Unit from RJ Living Collection

Took the back off and removed the internal shelf on one side to accommodate a Denon 4308 and Elektra Theatron, with sources and gaming consoles on the other side. Remotes all work through the slatted front, so keeping the doors closed at all times and concealing everything provides extremely high WAF.

(I actually repurposed the internal shelf as a plinth to lift the Denon and Elektra up a little bit, to clear the frame on the rear.)

Got excited when I saw that, but for the price might try custom made first.

16 minutes ago, Campbell said:

Hi Kaynin,

Mind sharing the cabinet makers details?

Got excited when I saw that, but for the price might try custom made first.

Aranmar Acoustics in Moorabbin.

http://www.aranmaracoustics.com.au/

Workmanship is A1.  John has been making entertainment cabinets for years, so he knows what you’ll want.