Item Condition: Used
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.
Suburb or Town: Craigieburn
State: VIC
Payment Method: Paypal, Cash on Pickup
Reason for selling: Downsizing

https://www.whathifi.com/pmc/twenty-23/review

Award winning speakers - checkout the whathifi reviews. These are in great condition, have looked after them, original fabric covers included as well.

Amazing speakers, crisp vocals, balanced sound, surprising amount of bass achieved through its unique design. Would not be selling on if I wasn't downsizing in the space.

These are for local pickup only in VIC 3065.
I have the original box and manual.

20210612_170316.jpg

20210612_170408.jpg

20210612_170352.jpg

20210612_170433.jpg

20210612_170254.jpg

20210612_170448.jpg

Edited by Hoecakes1
  • Like 4

Thanks, they are a great speaker, I remember stumbling upon them and giving them a demo on a whim. Was sold, with both the overall sound and the bass output.

These are amazing speakers. I have a pair in black and the bass control is something else. Mine are paired with dual KT120 mono blocks and I tried a number of speakers prior to the PMC including ATC SCM19s, but these just punch out so much controlled bass for their size with amazing imaging and depth. Not sure you’d get better buying at this price.

96DEF277-DDBC-4A55-8389-5462CD55F663.jpeg

• Like 2

Hi all, due to personal circumstances I've decided against selling the speakers at this point in time. Unsure how to close the thread, thanks for all of the interest.

PMC speaker with its soft dome tweeter is non-fatiguing especially great for vocals and instrumental. 

Bass is also outstanding for its size.  

Had tried PMC 21, 23, 24 and 26.      

If bass is not enough for your type of music,  just hook up a REL T5i or T9i subwoofer and you will be in hifi audio bliss. 

GLWTS

Thanks all for the comments, I'd love to integrate a sub in to the setup but limited by space - unless there's a smaller sub people recommend - and my Marantz PM-75 has no sub out due to its age

Rel t series subs are highly recommended by those with them (I don’t) but they run off your normal speaker terminals so u don’t need a sub out. 

The way I used to do it was a pass through on the sub then out to the speakers.. Way I understand it is if I have an amp with Sub out then all of the work under your threshold i.e. 75hz will be handled by the sub, and rest by speakers. I just wonder if the speakers would sound any better if not needed to extend too low?

2 hours ago, Hoecakes1 said:

Thanks all for the comments, I'd love to integrate a sub in to the setup but limited by space - unless there's a smaller sub people recommend - and my Marantz PM-75 has no sub out due to its age

2 hours ago, Hoecakes1 said:

I run a pair of miller and kreisel  vx-7 mk2 subs to fill out the bottom of my towers in my system which works an absolute treat ☺️ 

IMG20210614144958.jpg

Edited by Danny85
Missing pic

I have these speakers and a Rel t5i. Rel recommends using the speaker terminal approach. 

Mine are connected to a Luxman L-507u. Works beautifully. 

Rel subs come with a cable for attachment to the speaker terminals on your amp. They recommend this over the sub out section on the amp. 

12 hours ago, Hoecakes1 said:

Really? Have to research. Which rel model is good under 1k?

I have a rel t5 paired with quad s2 at work desk and it's fantastic.  It just does its thing.  Output connects to each speaker terminal positive negative positive from memory (not being allowed to office at present!).

I use a small REL sub with my PMCs (see right hand corner), using the speaker terminal method of hooking it up. Works a treat and really helps the PMCs extend down low and the REL controls the crossover and level. I did it this way so I could use the sub for music (where the Prima Luna preamp is connected) or HT (where the Denon is connected). Highly recommended.

IMG_0206.jpg

1 hour ago, kdmay said:

I use a small REL sub with my PMCs (see right hand corner), using the speaker terminal method of hooking it up. Works a treat and really helps the PMCs extend down low and the REL controls the crossover and level. I did it this way so I could use the sub for music (where the Prima Luna preamp is connected) or HT (where the Denon is connected). Highly recommended.

IMG_0206.jpg

We have the same setup except your room is so much bigger.  Main speakers almost 2 mtrs away from the wall.  Except one issue is the window glass at the back.  And you have the option to go for bigger speakers. Lucky you 🙂

REL great subs - I have two one for the left and right front speakers. They are a great addition, and once implemented it’s hard to go back. 

I wouldn't listen to the above posts. You should sell them and ship them to Brisbane...my address perhaps

On 15/06/2021 at 7:57 AM, TONYCH31 said:

We have the same setup except your room is so much bigger.  Main speakers almost 2 mtrs away from the wall.  Except one issue is the window glass at the back.  And you have the option to go for bigger speakers. Lucky you 🙂

This is a rental, so the glass windows at the back are a problem, but it's surprisingly an amazing sound without any acoustic treatment. There is a bulkhead in the ceiling which helps, making the room "less square". My next build will incorporate a dedicate HT/music listening room, so I'll engineer out all these problems.

I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for the pair of twenty.26's as I'd like to try the three-way version of this lovely speaker, given the size of the room and headroom I have in the dual mono blocks