EOI:SOLD PENDING PAYMENT Harbeth 40.1 and Skyland Stands.

Item Condition: Extremely good
Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: Croydon
State: NSW
Payment Method: eft, cash
Reason for selling: Fund another purchase

I thought I would have these forever.

I've seen something else, two things actually, that I would like to try but they are a little out of my price range even if I sell the Harbeths.

So as it's a struggle financially I wanted to see what the current interest is in the 40.1 to see if I can make this transition.

To be honest I'm not sure this is a good move as the 40.1 are a wonderful speaker and if needed I'll happily keep them.

I can find no marks on them but I've not inspected in detail.

They look like new as far as I'm concerned but I'll upload more detailed pics of any blemishes etc this evening.

For now a single shot to whet the Appetite.

Photos:

PLEASE READ

• If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved
  • If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item
  • If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved
  • You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
    - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.

20210609_182318.jpg

Screenshot_20210318-042606_Photos.jpg

Edited by jackrinse
  • Like 4

Hi Drew

We are building a house and I have been holding off from getting them all "set up" as I don't feel my current room is ideal and I don't really have the sweet spot opportunity.

I will certainly be setting them up correctly with plenty of distance should we keep them.

• Like 1

Wonderful speakers, and I'd think twice before letting them go!

(Music critic David Hurwitz has a new YouTube video on the 'seven stages' of music collecting, which can easily apply to hi-fi purchasing!).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gay chi said:

Hi can your Macintosh amp drive your harbeth speakers well please? Cheers 

Hi, the McIntosh drives them perfectly well but is probably a huge overkill.

Alan Shaw suggests exotic amps are unnecessary apparently but my experience differs.

I loved the Devialet 200 on them, the bass was rock solid and seemed to go down forever.

The new Lux integrated 509 was also a very beautiful thing and probably a sweet spot price wise for me when only considering the amps I've tried.

The McIntosh is a different league all together but take anything I say with a grain of salt as we have not set these up properly yet.

I'm a lazy audiophile!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, was_a said:

Wonderful speakers, and I'd think twice before letting them go!

(Music critic David Hurwitz has a new YouTube video on the 'seven stages' of music collecting, which can easily apply to hi-fi purchasing!).

Yes I agree they are really an amazing thing.

It may be foolish selling before I've heard them in the new house but I'm happy fooling around with choices as the larger extension part of the house we are building now will not be ready for 6 months.

Then we are building our "forever" home which may be more than 2 years away from moving in.

I don't get attached to things really so happy to move "up" if I can sell these.

Edited by jackrinse

1 minute ago, Silverspinner81 said:

The ma9000  plenty power for this gem !!

Woow amazing speaker. 

I wish i didn't already buy my speakers.  Darn it !!

Haha, I understand you have a great resource to sell your old speakers here in order to buy mine?