Hi everyone,

I currently have an RME ADI-2 DAC that I use with my headphones, but the itch to upgrade is always there...

I also have a Bryston BHA-1 as well, but I'm planning to sell that as well to fund the upgrade.

My shortlist includes:

• Violetric V590
  • Questyle CMA Twelve
  • iFi Pro iDSD
  • Chord Hugo TT2
  • Luxman DA-250
  • Matrix Audio Element X
  • Burson Conductor 3X
  • Mytek Brooklyn
  • Naim Uniti Atom Headphone Edition

The TT2 is the absolute most I can stretch my budget, so things like Chord Dave and dCS Bartok are out of reach for me unfortunately...

Any suggestions/advice on what the best DAC/Amp combo is will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Edited by Monkey4054

I have the Matrix Element X and the Chord TT2 with M-Scaler. 

Bang for buck I find the Matrix very good value especially with everything else it brings to the table, Roon Ready, Streamer, etc. 

For outright performance the TT2 is better as a Dac and a Headphone amplifier over the Matrix.

I have heard very good things about the Questyle.

The cans I have are hd650, hd800s and lcd3f.

I'm not that much of a Head-fi guy so I'm sure others will offer some better advise.

Edited by Tony B
  • Like 1
19 hours ago, Tony B said:

I have the Matrix Element X and the Chord TT2 with M-Scaler. 

Bang for buck I find the Matrix very good value especially with everything else it brings to the table, Roon Ready, Streamer, etc. 

For outright performance the TT2 is better as a Dac and a Headphone amplifier over the Matrix.

I have heard very good things about the Questyle.

The cans I have are hd650, hd800s and lcd3f.

I'm not that much of a Head-fi guy so I'm sure others will offer some better advise.

Hi Tony, thanks for that. Would you say the TT2 is worth the extra money for the better performance?

Conclusion  https://www.stereophile.com/content/weiss-dac202-firewire-da-converter-page-2
I truly enjoyed my time with Weiss Engineering's DAC202. Its ease of use for both disc-based and computer audio makes it easy to recommend for those who want a digital system that doesn't sound "digital." The Weiss also offers a sound that will be very pleasing to many audiophiles tired of fatiguing hi-fi sound. And I found its headphone performance absolutely superlative. I think the Weiss DAC202 can easily offer Class A performance, especially for the audiophile who prizes its graceful, organic musicmaking.

On 10/06/2021 at 4:49 PM, Monkey4054 said:

My shortlist includes:

whats your budget ? and wha headphones planning to use ? 

am running a focal arche am/dac and it is turning out to be a magnificent pairing with my focal stellia utopia..

really enjoying the combo for head-fi especially with the new apple music lossless release..

IMG_2124.thumb.JPG.19c5353c937a38ed6f18880b1927d979.JPG

• Like 1

Not to toot own horn, but it really is. Only reason for sale is I don't have headphones anymore, and my desktop speakers are LS50W II, no preamp needed.

On 11/06/2021 at 10:22 PM, betty boop said:

whats your budget ? and wha headphones planning to use ? 

am running a focal arche am/dac and it is turning out to be a magnificent pairing with my focal stellia utopia..

really enjoying the combo for head-fi especially with the new apple music lossless release..

IMG_2124.thumb.JPG.19c5353c937a38ed6f18880b1927d979.JPG

Budget is around 6k or less, basically the TT2 or cheaper. Headphones are the Focal Clear and Fostex TH-900. Looking to add the Final D8000 at some point as well.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Monkey4054 said:

Budget is around 6k or less, basically the TT2 or cheaper. Headphones are the Focal Clear and Fostex TH-900. Looking to add the Final D8000 at some point as well.

oh my.... great budget.... trade in the clears for stellia and arche... with what you get for the clears and some discounting on buying the bundle... I think you could easily squeeze in a stellia-arche combo is super impressive ...  definitely demo if can ... i suspect would be impressed :) 

it does all come down to taste though.... so really comes down to what looking for and whether hits the spot ... :) 

On 13/06/2021 at 11:41 PM, betty boop said:

oh my.... great budget.... trade in the clears for stellia and arche... with what you get for the clears and some discounting on buying the bundle... I think you could easily squeeze in a stellia-arche combo is super impressive ...  definitely demo if can ... i suspect would be impressed :) 

it does all come down to taste though.... so really comes down to what looking for and whether hits the spot ... :) 

How much difference do you think the Arche makes with the Stellia,  does the EQ mode change much? 

I actually used to own both the Stellia and Elegia as well, but just have the Clear now.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Monkey4054 said:

How much difference do you think the Arche makes with the Stellia,  does the EQ mode change much? 

I actually used to own both the Stellia and Elegia as well, but just have the Clear now.

hi M, I only just selected Stellia mode and gone with that... thats it... it just sounds great so didnt venture anyplace else. Very clean clear and dynamic - punchy....its a great amp and as you get with good amps... it seems limitless... as in you can turn the volume knob and there is not a hint of any sort of strain...just keeps going. Great match with the headphones. With experience with the Stellia i would demo with the amp see what think :) 

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Colonel Sanders
      Item Condition: Mint Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Inglewood State: WA Payment Method: Paypal (via F&F), EFT, Cash on pickup. Reason for selling: NLR Further information:

I’m selling my Focal Utopia. Since I did acoustic treatment in my listening room I can crank up my 2-ch system a couple of notches and not get the entire household asking me to turn it down.

These are superb headphones and a perfect match with my Woo Audio WA22  (also for sale) and my Primaluna EVO-100 DAC. I’ve purchased these headphones last year from a SNA member.

The headphone cord is coming with a XLR connector. A separate 1/4 connector (connector only) will be included in the sale.

If payment is done by Paypal, please add the 2.6% fees unless using the payment to family and friends option.

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
      - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.

• By lumpytreetrunks
      Item Condition: Used - Like New Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available. Suburb or Town: Brunswick East State: VIC Payment Method: Paypal, EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Need Cash Further information:

Regretfully selling these because I need the cash.

The GL2000 are a planar magnetic open-back pair of headphones.

This is the double magnetic circuit version purchased on the 9th of January 2021 from Linsoul Audio. 

It comes with a high quality cable with a 4.4mm plug (balanced), an extra set of perforated pads, and a sturdy pelican style case. All seen in the photo.

You'll see that I've added Dekoni Audio Nuggets to the headband for increased comfort, but these can be removed.

Please get in touch with any questions. Pickup only at this stage and no auditions. Cheers

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
      - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.
    • By hiphile
      Item Condition: Used Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Oakleigh State: VIC Payment Method: EFT Reason for selling: NLR Further information:

Bower and Wilkins PX in great condition.

Includes all accessories including USB-C cables, 3.5mm cables and pouch.

Few scuffs on the metal housing. Leather is perfect (no tears, holes).

Excellent sounding, neutral noise cancelling cans. Not easy to find these days as they're tuned too aggressively v-shaped.

Any questions please ask.

Photos:

PLEASE READ

• By Blaine Arnold
      Item Condition: Near Mint Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Dulwich Hill, Sydney State: NSW Payment Method: Cash, Paypal, EFT Reason for selling: No longer required Further information: 
      Sony WH-1000XM3 Headphones.
      Excellent condition, comes with all original accessories.  I've used these twice, and now sit in my draw unused. 

Can Ship, or Pick Up available - Dulwich Hill, Sydney

Photos:

• By petng
      Item Condition: Used Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Keilor State: VIC Payment Method: PayPal gift, eft Reason for selling: NLR Further information:
       Aussie Stock, purchased April 2020 from ADA. Original owner.

Note no Grado extension cable, I am keeping it . 

Selling cause I have settled for a pair of Final Audio D8000 pro.

Photos:

PLEASE READ