Battery-powered Wifi Streamer/Heaphone Amp suggestions

I'm struggling to find a product with a built-in re-chargeable battery, that combines the features I would like in a Streamer/Headphone amp.

I have a NAS with loads of FLAC & MP3 files.

I just want a unit that I can put on the coffee table, office desk or take out onto the back deck, that will stream from the NAS & Internet (Internet Radio) via Wifi and has a decent headphone amp that will drive any type of 'phones.

Happy for control to be via an iOS &/or Android app, so the unit doesn't need any display or front panel controls.

My iPhone & my HP Slate both sort-of meet these requirements, but the headphone amps in these don't play so well with my Yamaha Orthodynamics!

For something with a better headphone amp, it seems that battery-powered DAPs don't offer Wifi/streaming, while Wifi Streamers/HP amps aren't available as battery-powered devices.

Am I missing something, using the wrong search terms or taking the wrong approach? 😕

I only want to use it at home, so size is not that important, but as I'd like to use it in a number of different locations, I'd really like to find something with a built-in battery.

Battery life doesn't need to be great.  The more the better, but even 6 hours would be fine.

It would mainly be used with the Yamaha HP1s, B&W P3s and Audio-Technica in-ears.

Hmm… that’s hard. 
I was searching for quite some time. What’s your budget?

Either a desktop solution that doesn’t take much footprint but no battery. 
Not many will do IEM’s. 

or a Chord Hugo2 with a 2Go module. (Very, very expensive)

I would suggest a DAP with a decent amp output stage. There are a number of DAPs from Fiio, A&K and Chinese producers that will drive most full sized cans more than well enough.

I wonder if some of the Audioquest DAC dongles may be enough … at the more budget level. 

Or replace the Yamaha headphones which are the hardest to drive? 

On 12/06/2021 at 12:08 AM, Dr_Kevy said:

Hmm… that’s hard. 
I was searching for quite some time. What’s your budget?
Either a desktop solution that doesn’t take much footprint but no battery. 
Not many will do IEM’s. 

or a Chord Hugo2 with a 2Go module. (Very, very expensive)

I would suggest a DAP with a decent amp output stage. There are a number of DAPs from Fiio, A&K and Chinese producers that will drive most full sized cans more than well enough.

I wonder if some of the Audioquest DAC dongles may be enough … at the more budget level. 

Or replace the Yamaha headphones which are the hardest to drive? 

Thanks Kevin.

Yes, the FiiO or A&K ones that cover all the bases are a lot more than what I wanted to spend.

I've had a better look into DAPs and the FiiO M6 might be OK, along with others from Sony & iBasso, etc. but I think I would be best to try them out in-store before making any decision.

I might just settle for a decent portable headphone amp and use it with my phone or tablet.

I don't think I could part with the HP1s, but I could consider adding a pair of closed, over-ear cans to the collection!