Posted (edited)

Any assistance on my set up appreciated

i have a pair of Dyneaudios ZEO30 hooked up to my Rega Plan3

have the speakers 2 Metres apart and 2 foot from back wall with very min toe in

large open room 12 Metres long 6 metres wide and 10 foot ceilings

ant do much about furniture wife won’t let me but was thinking I may need to move speakers out more and not sure if more toe in would be bad for such a large room

sorry for pics upside down can’t seem to change them

A89EC6B4-3E08-4FCF-A27F-D4CB9CFC767B.jpeg

1D336056-C83D-4348-8C2C-9CD63BE94ED9.jpeg

CAF803EA-A11A-4A29-980F-CBC17777C447.jpeg

93AB5709-A206-42EA-BA31-89CE33B3C0BF.jpeg

Edited by CST
New pic
15 minutes ago, CST said:

Any assistance on my set up appreciated

i have a pair of Dyneaudios ZEO30 hooked up to my Rega Plan3

have the speakers 2 Metres apart and 2 foot from back wall with very min toe in

large open room 12 Metres long 6 metres wide and 10 foot ceilings

ant do much about furniture wife won’t let me but was thinking I may need to move speakers out more and not sure if more toe in would be bad for such a large room

sorry for pics upside down can’t seem to change them 

1D336056-C83D-4348-8C2C-9CD63BE94ED9.jpeg

CAF803EA-A11A-4A29-980F-CBC17777C447.jpeg

93AB5709-A206-42EA-BA31-89CE33B3C0BF.jpeg

Your photos are doing my head in, did you take them using an iPhone?

Yep 

Sorry not sure why they are coming out that way around 

The way I get the correct orientation is to edit the photo, rotate it so it is upside down and then save, edit the photo again and rotate it back to normal and save, it should now upload the right way up.

• Like 1

What issues do you have with the set up?

Posted (edited)

My setup & room layout is similar to yours but with tiles on the floor & also big open space - it was suggested to me by SNA members to put a rug on the floor between the speakers which did make a difference- maybe you could move the rug you have there on the floor already more central to the cabinet/speaker setup? See if that helps? 

Rug.JPG

Edited by April Snow
  • Like 1

Hi thanks all the only real issue i have is less vocal coming out of the right speaker , the one closest to glass door and with mat in front of it , i have moved the mat and cant tell much difference.

I was thinking i could move speakers out a bit more and a lot more toe in but i want the sound to be focused right throughout the room not just say 12 feet in front of speakers.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, CST said:

Hi thanks all the only real issue i have is less vocal coming out of the right speaker , the one closest to glass door and with mat in front of it , i have moved the mat and cant tell much difference.

I was thinking i could move speakers out a bit more and a lot more toe in but i want the sound to be focused right throughout the room not just say 12 feet in front of speakers.

Interesting - the right speaker has less vocal with the rug in front of it than the left speaker with no rug - so maybe the rug is having an effect on that one speaker? That is why is sounds unbalanced ? So would not the rug between the speakers then be balanced?

Anyway, others with much more experience than me will likely be more helpful - as they have been with me 😀

Edited by April Snow

Thank you , you have been very helpful.

I will move the rug and centre it again today and give it a try.

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, CST said:

Chris, sorry - you can't "focus" the sound throughout the room (that's an oxymoron).

But you can get the sound projecting "into the room" (rather than being focussed at a sweet spot) ... by, as you have done, pointing the spkrs straight out, with little or no toe-in.  Moving the spkrs out from the wall ... will give you more soundstage depth.

But the current setup of your spkrs shouldn't be the cause of your "less vocals coming out of the right speaker" problem.  Why don't you:

• switch off your amp
  • swap the R spkr wire over to the L amp binding posts (and vice versa)
  • switch on your amp
  • and see if now there are less vocals coming out of the left speaker.

If this is the case ... then it would seem there's a fault in your amp; if the "less vocals" remains with the right spkr ... it would seem there's a fault with that spkr.

Andy

• Like 1

Hi thank you for the help

I think it’s speaker placement as it is evident when streaming on Spotify as well so no amp coming in to play there

and speakers brand new

there is vocals coming from both just as I stand back it appears to be coming more from the left than right

tbe right has couch in front of it and glass window to right if speaker where left has nothing in front of it and wall a long way to the left so seem to think it’s just the room

If the amp is OK, @CST ... you could swap spkrs around - and see if the lack of vocals now is on the left.  If so - you've found the problem.  :)  Just bcoz something is brand new ... doesn't mean that there can't be a fault with it.

Andy

• Like 2

Have you tried adjusting the distance from the back wall of each speaker (separately) to see if it balances out the vocals?

• Like 1

No but I will do that today as well

1 minute ago, CST said:

No but I will do that today as well

That was my original suggestion on your original post a few days ago...

Yes I did try it but perhaps not enough , I will move out a little more and keep tweaking them can’t change the room and what’s in it so will just have to get it to best I can with room set up

• Like 1

There was a post here somewhere not so long back about a particular method of speaker placement involving moving the left out til it is good then slowly bringing the right out from back against the wall til it was balanced. 

Someone will know what I mean :)