Item Condition: Good (Couple of Minor scuffs)
Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: Kallaroo
State: WA
Payment Method: Paypal, EFT, Cash on Pickup
Reason for selling: Too Much Gear, Wife has Put Her Foot Down

Further information:
Great Sounding Speakers
With Vifa Drivers
Bass Drivers Have Been Refoamed 12 Months Ago
Very Neutral / Accurate Sound
Non Fatiguing  can listen for Hours..
Finished In Black Oak

These are Large Speakers

Size
Height
Width
Depth
1490mm (59")
272mm (11")
469mm (18")

Weight
Each cabinet
53Kg

More info : http://duntech.com/products/marquis.html

Photos: Message me for more pics..

Photos:

PLEASE READ

• If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved
  • If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item
  • If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved
  • You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
    - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.

D3.jpeg

D2.jpeg

D4.jpeg

D6.jpeg

D7.jpeg

D1.jpeg

• Like 3
10 hours ago, mmazz said:

I love this Australian Brand of speakers. 

Yes, they are beauties.
but wife wont let me keep them, as i have now bought some others (even bigger)
and space is an issue..
😕

4 minutes ago, vintageguy said:

Yes, they are beauties.
but wife wont let me keep them, as i have now bought some others (even bigger)
and space is an issue..
😕

Taller than 1.5m? 😳

3 hours ago, tripitaka said:

Taller than 1.5m? 😳

Not so much the height..
its the cubic feet of the cabinets that is the issue

Very nice indeed! Unfortunately I don't have the funds or the space right now but I reckon the big Duntechs are just so beguiling.  For the price these seem a hell of a speaker. John Dunlavy was way ahead of his time and his speaker designs put Australia on the map audio-wise in many ways. Plenty of studios around the world who still master with Duntechs. The lengthy owners thread here on SNA is worth a read - plenty of info from Duntech insiders - the Marquis gets a mention.  GLWTS! 

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Rrobot said:

Very nice indeed! Unfortunately I don't have the funds or the space right now but I reckon the big Duntechs are just so beguiling.  For the price these seem a hell of a speaker. John Dunlavy was way ahead of his time and his speaker designs put Australia on the map audio-wise in many ways. Plenty of studios around the world who still master with Duntechs. The lengthy owners thread here on SNA is worth a read - plenty of info from Duntech insiders - the Marquis gets a mention.  GLWTS! 

Absolutley, only reason im selling as i am getting a Pair of Very Large Boxes that House Altec 15" bass driver with a Multicell horn tweeter in the centre... a whole different Sound... Both Excellent.. But the Wife wont let me have both..

• Like 2
On 12/06/2021 at 4:18 AM, vintageguy said:

Absolutley, only reason im selling as i am getting a Pair of Very Large Boxes that House Altec 15" bass driver with a Multicell horn tweeter in the centre... a whole different Sound... Both Excellent.. But the Wife wont let me have both..

That's real interesting - I'm going the almost opposite direction of you. I have a big pair of Altec 604-8Gs in 13 cubic foot cabinets myself, completely restored - Jeff Markwart crossovers, etc. And I just got my Duntech Marquis that I picked up a month ago up and running. Personally? I prefer the Duntech - but, different strokes, different folks 🙂

On that topic, I have the exact same model as you - the PCL-500, finished in Black. I got mine running last Thursday and they are easily the best speakers I've ever heard. They are as close to a "perfect" loudspeaker as you can get. If you're the kind of person who has been searching for that special speaker, this is likely the one. They are the most immersive speakers I've ever heard, I lose myself in the music each time. Bell-like clarity with picturesque imaging and a natural sound that you won't find in many other designs (esp at this used price). I've been around the block more than a few times and these Marquis are greats amongst greats.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, canuckaudioguy said:

That's real interesting - I'm going the almost opposite direction of you. I have a big pair of Altec 604-8Gs in 13 cubic foot cabinets myself, completely restored - Jeff Markwart crossovers, etc. And I just got my Duntech Marquis that I picked up a month ago up and running. Personally? I prefer the Duntech - but, different strokes, different folks 🙂

On that topic, I have the exact same model as you - the PCL-500, finished in Black. I got mine running last Thursday and they are easily the best speakers I've ever heard. They are as close to a "perfect" loudspeaker as you can get. If you're the kind of person who has been searching for that special speaker, this is likely the one. They are the most immersive speakers I've ever heard, I lose myself in the music each time. Bell-like clarity with picturesque imaging and a natural sound that you won't find in many other designs (esp at this used price). I've been around the block more than a few times and these Marquis are greats amongst greats.

Yes We are doing a "swap".. as ill be getting Altec 604-8Gs in 14 cubic foot cabinets.
unfortunately the cabinets are a bit poor cosmetically and will need them to be restored with Jarrah or Walnut veneer prior to them being allowed into the Lounge room .. (wifes orders)
as for the duntech, yes they are accurate and deliver what you put into them..
Enjoyable and non
fatiguing.  Cheers!!

• Like 3
On 15/06/2021 at 2:18 AM, canuckaudioguy said:

In Response of the duntechs being close to perfect...
yesterday i did an A - B listening test with my Krix Neuphonix (Now SOLD)
and putting on HOLST the Planets... Mars..
really showed how Good the Duntechs Are..
as its going to be couple of months by the time the Altecs are ready to go in the Listening Room..(after the cabinet refurb etc). and have now sold my backup (little speakers .. krix)
ill be keeping the duntechs..
So thanks for all that messaged me about them..
Probably be for sale again in Spring/ Summer?? will see ...

• Like 2