Phil Collins - Face Value - 2016 remaster

This album originally released in 1981 and Phil's next album "Hello I Must be Going" in 1982, struck deep into my consciousness back then, and I've been playing them since...pain/angst with hope...

...and amazing "mid bass slam"...which is really why I like these albums...Phil is a drummer after all...

But this post is really about the album art -  his original albums showed his face - I was just surfing on Spotify and found the remixes...all have Phil's face now...significantly aged, just like me...

...I just think that's so cool...we all age...and Phil is happy to show it...(except Keith Richards...who has always been old throughout my entire lifetime but never gets older)...

I listen to Face Value often - my favourite is "Hand in Hand" - it always blows me away - sometimes I'll start on "The Roof is Leaking", then "Droned" to get to "Hand in Hand"...amazing mid bass on "Hand in Hand"...

cheers

Mike

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Agreed Mike - if only so many women in music felt safe enough, empowered enough, and supported enough by the men they are forced to work with, to do the same. Instead of having to artificially change their faces with surgery to attain our ideal of ageless beauty.  

But yeah - support Phil and loved the idea too.

• Like 1