Hi guys

I have a Sonos set up in my main lounge (not my main Hifi setup)

• Sonos Amp
  • Kef Q150's
  • 2 Sonos Ones set as surround

I use the above for Movies and the occasional listening to audio, I am at a stage where I am thinking of adding the Bluesound Powernode (once it arrives) and offloading the Sonos components (Amp & Ones) I use Roon in my listening room.

Do you think I will gain or lose regarding audio?

I will eventually upgrade the Kef Q150's at some stage.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Cheers

Barry

• Volunteer

I heard the run-out model of the Powernode with a pair of KEF bookshelves recently and the combination was outstanding.

Haven't heard the Sonos amp but, from memory, it does not handle hi-res music. Bluesound does.

• Like 1

Thanks I could like you say pick up the old model, I'm sure they will lower the RRP$ given the new one is about to land.

I think the new one does 80watts verses 60watts on the old model and has ARC which would be great with my TV

Hmmmmm

I’ve got both and retired the Sonos amp in favour of the Powernode. Far more guts driving my outdoor b&w speakers than the sonos had.

your only problem may be that you can’t group sonos and RAAT endpoints like bluesound in the same group in Roon.

• Like 1

Thanks and I didn't think the Sonos Amp was no slouch when it came to driving speakers.

I think you are right about grouping, I will do a bit more reading...

I am tempted to hold out for the new Powernode..

Do you think I could still get $700 for the Sonos Amp (Immaculate condition and still with all original packaging?)

Thanks

If it’s a first gen Sonos amp you’ll be lucky to get a few hundred for it. Second gen might be more but unlikely to be circa $700 unless you’re very lucky.

the old Powernode 2 (not 2i) is what I have a pair of. $500 each on gumtree about 18 months ago

Thanks its the 2nd Gen, Sonos gear do tend to hold their price.

I will have a think about it.

I listened to the Sonos amp and Blusound Powernode 2i on the same pair of speakers in store, and the Blusound had noticeably more head room.  The UI was much better too.  I bought the Powernode.

• Like 1

Thanks for the above, I think I will be purchasing the POWERNODE when it arrives next month.

Be careful with the Powernode 2i if you plan on using it with a TV, the minimum delay is capped at 50ms so you may never be able to achieve a proper lip sync.

Not sure if this is fixed with the new 2021 model. But do a google search on this issue… a lot of discussion about it.

I have the Powernode 2i and use it purely for music. Really great value and sounds more than good enough for my usage.

good luck!

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...

I can’t comment on the Sonos, however I recently upgraded from the Bluesound Powernode 2i to current Powernode 2021, overall provides a lot of functionality at reasonable price. I use it as a Roon endpoint and will eventually connect it up to a TV we have in converted detached garage/home office.

JDH

On 24/11/2021 at 12:48 PM, jdh500 said:

I can’t comment on the Sonos, however I recently upgraded from the Bluesound Powernode 2i to current Powernode 2021, overall provides a lot of functionality at reasonable price. I use it as a Roon endpoint and will eventually connect it up to a TV we have in converted detached garage/home office.

JDH

Nice! I would like to hear your feedback on using the new powernode 2021 model with a TV.

The previous generation Powernode (that I own myself) was unusable with my TV due to lip sync issues.

5 hours ago, Chris.chapterten said:

Nice! I would like to hear your feedback on using the new powernode 2021 model with a TV.

The previous generation Powernode (that I own myself) was unusable with my TV due to lip sync issues.

I have the new model powernode and it works great with my Samsung tv.

No issues with lip sync. It sounds great with Spotify, qobuz and my nas music library.  You should ask your local dealer for a home demo.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By BWJA
      Item Condition: New / Used Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Seddon State: VIC Payment Method: Paypal, Eft or cash on pickup Reason for selling: NLR Further information: Sonos One (Pair) Black with Sanus Stands (Melb)

Built on the mini-but-mighty blueprints of PLAY:1, Sonos One is backed by a pair of Class-D amplifiers and custom-built drivers, meticulously tuned to the speaker’s unique acoustic architecture.

Multi-room Listening
      Sonos One wirelessly connects to Sonos speakers in additional rooms, allowing you to expand your Home Sound System when you’re ready.
      Superior Sound
      Enjoy surprisingly rich, room-filling sound from a smart speaker with future-ready voice control.
      More with Two
      Pair two Sonos Ones together in the same room for instant stereo sound
      Tap to turn up the volume. Swipe to skip a track. Mute the microphone for privacy. Sonos One’s touch controls are always a tap away.

App
      The deepest level of Sonos control. Manage everything you listen to in one place.
      Fits almost anywhere
      Mount Sonos One to the wall, ceiling or a speaker stand. Its small size also makes it perfect for bookshelves, counters and snug spaces.

Humidity resistant
      We built One to be humidity resistant so you can enjoy your favourite songs in music-starved places like bathrooms and outdoor patios. All you need is WiFi access and a place to plug it in. Just remember, it’s not waterproof or weather resistant.

Create a home theatre
      Use a pair of Sonos Ones and PLAYBAR or PLAYBASE to create surround sound for all your movies, games and TV shows. And stream music too.

Preference is to sell as a pair if possible, a donation will be made to SNA upon sale.

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
      - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.

• By pharmaboy
      Well, after a year or 2 of procrastinating I have finally updated by listening towards something that the whole family can operate, that keeps the wife happy with the aesthetics, the son looking forward to the second powernode, and of course sounds engaging.

Previous equipment in this space has included Mirage M7si's, ME240, Denon and Marantz AV's, Orpheus and PSB speakers.

So system as it is,
      Amphion Argon 1 in white (blue speaker covers on the way)
      Bluesound Powernode 2i (white)
      SVS Pro SB1000 (white - of course)
      Also LS50's sit in the room and most critical listening has been versus the LS50's

Set up was with a MiniDSP mic, and with the SVS able to put 3 curves to get as close to flat as you'd hope at the listening room (room is pretty big (13x6x3H). Is started off this journey looking at LS50's, then the metas came out, then I bumped into Johnny Darko's review of the Buchardts and even tried to buy them off a member here, but the style of the buchardts led me to Amphion who manufacture their speakers in what I can only presume is an old gas station in Finland.

How do they sound?
      Well, versus the LS50's, that area where you get sibilance in some tracks, and also where some recordings sound a bit screechy (is there a technical term?) in the upper mids the Amphions sound composed and just more fun, whereas the LS50's make me reach for the volume button (down).  I did a few sweeps with the miniDSP mic and the Amphions are just ruler flat through that area.

I actually bought these from Geoff, who was pretty stellar on the phone and was more like a psychotherapist and getting me through my procrastination

My son and a couple of musician friends have stopped listening to the KEF Q350's which are down the other end of the room, and always comment on how engaging this simple little system is.

And my life is happy, because you know, happy wife

• By Gavin Haak
      Item Condition: As new Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Brown Hill State: VIC Payment Method: Paypal, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: No longer required. As new. No longer required due to HT upgrade. 

Amp: Our Best-Ever Wireless Amplifier | Sonos

Purchased
      20/10/2020  
      Works perfectly.  

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
      - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.
    • By Naz.shr
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Perth State: WA Payment Method: PayPal Reason for selling: NLR Sonos connect gen 2 in excellent condition 
      Compatible with new s2 app

• By Naz.shr
      Hi everyone
      Wanting some advice from members who are familiar with Bluesound.  I am using Sonos connect which is connected to Cambridge Audio CXA60, speakers are B&W 606. Sonos doesn't support Tidal Hifi so want to try the Bluesound Node or the Powernode. Someone is selling the Powernode 2 locally and wanted to ask can the Powernode replace the Connect and work as a streamer only? 

To Top