PCB repairs/Circut boad rework

Hi all

Does anyone know if a service like that offered by
https://www.circuitrework.com/

exists in Australia, where they will actually replace the tracks/eyelets/pads ahead of just doing point to point repairs using wire.
I have a two circuit boards that need track replacement and I would like it repaired to as close as possible to original.

Pace Assembly used to do it some 20 years ago.

There was another service in Perth, but when I asked my former manager where he used to send telemetry boards hit by lightning, he said he no longer remembers... :sad:

• 1 month later...
On 01/06/2021 at 5:48 PM, rockeater said:

Pace Assembly used to do it some 20 years ago.

There was another service in Perth, but when I asked my former manager where he used to send telemetry boards hit by lightning, he said he no longer remembers... :sad:

Do you have a phone # or website for them as I can't find them on google.

Is this them by any chance?

https://firmania.biz/joondalup/pace-assembly-712200

Edited by Gregfromsydneyau
updated info

3 hours ago, Gregfromsydneyau said:

Looks like it.

Next time I am in Joondalup, I'll have a look there.

3 hours ago, Gregfromsydneyau said:

This is an example of what is required

What's wrong with that board? Looks pretty good to me...

The boards we used to send for repairs had holes blown in them by lightning... :-)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LogicprObe said:

You used to be able to buy stick on track and pads etc.

That's what I've used in the past to repair them.

I probably haven't done one for 20 years though.........................

I just looked up Pace Global site and from the went to their Australian distributor (Mektronics).

This is where I have seen these for the first time ever.

• 10 months later...

They are in Charters Towers QLD.

Malwarebytes wont let he go to their site, but on their Facebook site they say Microelectronics repairs, including Macbooks, iPones, Laptops and desktops.

So looks like the do board level SMD work.

On 03/07/2021 at 11:53 AM, rockeater said:

What's wrong with that board? Looks pretty good to me...

Two large round pads and connecting traces missing from the top centre of the board.

Easy peasy permanent fix.  :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Monkeyboi said:

Two large round pads and connecting traces missing from the top centre of the board.

Plus the two triangle and one square pad.. and possibly some through plating, and unknown on the other side of the board.. But still not a hard repair job eh?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bob_m_54 said:

Plus the two triangle and one square pad.. and possibly some through plating, and unknown on the other side of the board.. But still not a hard repair job eh?

Absolutely Bob.  Not rocket science once one has repaired quite a few boards.  Even ones that had been cracked.  Using the correct high temperature adhesives and copper foils it should last for decades, possibly more.  👍

• Like 1

On 03/07/2021 at 8:40 AM, Greg Rudd said:

This is an example of what is required

Looking at the picture, I wouldn't worry about repairing the board.

I would simply populate it with components and connect them up with this purposely made, teflon covered solid core wire.

There is a point in repairing boards where they are high density, but this one is so sparsely populated, that it would be very easy to fix with just this hookup wire.

• Like 1

On 04/05/2022 at 10:47 AM, Monkeyboi said:

Have you got the tools to repair? As I might just pull the pin on the tech that has had my amp for the last 6 months and only now 3 months after my last communication with the bloke, says that he doesn't want to do the job because I pulled the board out myself of which I replied yeah I had to, because if I didn't I would have had no board to repair due to corrosion by cat urine. <durr>  The cat who wee'ed on it I later found out has serious health issues with her thyroid.  If you are keen to do the job just PM me and I can see if I can pull out of the job. I do know that some transistors will need to be replaced as they were fried when I switched the thing on only to open the bonnet up only to find solidified cat urine everywhere inside the amp.  

This thing happening has caused audio to take a back seat for me for years and now I want to get the amp going again.

Edited by Greg Rudd