IEM Under $1500 (max)

Hey Guys

Looking to try the IEM game again.

Planning to get a DAP like FiiO M11 pro or similar, upto $1000.

And of course an IEM ideally around $1000, max $1500 if I can haggle down the price with the retailer.

I want something definitely mids focussed, then body , then slightly rolled off treble  --- Ideal.

Suggestions ?

5 minutes ago, eLicky said:

Can you make the trip to Minidisc sometime?

There IEM lineup is quite large and you can demo all day long if you like.

I think Peppy is owed long service leave by Minidisc by now, spent enough time there 

18 minutes ago, eLicky said:

Can you make the trip to Minidisc sometime?

Good point & I will go but don’t want to try plenty of IEMs just the ones (4-5 max) suggested here by you guys.

16 minutes ago, Bengineer said:

I think Peppy is owed long service leave by Minidisc by now, spent enough time there 

I am not availing those rather will prefer to cash out for IEMs

• Like 1

14 hours ago, peppy said:

@deafenears they good for Mids ?

No idea as I haven't heard any of them, but those are on my list to consider, with a budget around the same as yours. Of course, do your own research on those :)

57 minutes ago, Bengineer said:

Try the Nio and U12T and just slowly pay me off. Don't settle for 19th best. Just go to the top.

haha yes, pay it off with labour braiding cables....

• Haha 1

Would suggest auditioning wherever possible. The m11 pro is a very capable DAP with a range of outputs which makes it a gem. 

I would suggest looking at the second hand market e.g. U12 and 64 audio would be one attractive option. A secondhand Andromeda 2020 would also be a very attractive IEM. 

Fit is important so IEM's are best auditioned before purchased.

Thanks for all of your inputs .

At the end I decided not to use IEMs as whichever way I was trying to hold the ear, it was coming to $2000+ IEM + DAP.

And for 2-3 hrs max listening in a week , that's a bit too much.

Went with AirPods Max for $850, kinda works better and will use the money again in my desktop setup.