Alright. Decided.

U12T (1750) and Nio (1750) will be up for sale soon.

Potentially the DX300 (1250) too. I like it, but I'm only streaming, might find another solution. Killer sound and interface though, basically a smartphone with dope sound.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's just what I do Ken. I bring people together and watch them flourish. Headphone Jesus I hear you say? Well, I didn't say it.

😎 Spanning the breadth of IEM's I'm enjoying this new thread very much.... Thanks for starting it @Bengineer

This may sound a bit gimmicky,  but I can tell you,   I have played around with it using a graphical programming language called puredata, on a raspberry pi, running as a DSP and phono preamp.  Adding

5 hours ago, Bengineer said:

Maybe.

It's like choosing to eat a buffet that has the worlds finest fresh seafood selections, or one that has thawed prawns a bowl full of cocaine.

The latter for sure.

• Like 1

You'll be pleased to know I'm actually no closer.

The inconsitancy of how the N8 might turn out is a turn off. The DD just fires into the shell itself, so surely, different ear shapes can result in different DD qualities? I imagine they try keep its chamber as consistant as possible, but I have small ears, so very good chance it might be a bit cramped.

Maybe I just go iBudz and blow the rest on that bowl of cocaine.

11 hours ago, Bengineer said:

Alright. Decided.

U12T (1750) and Nio (1750) will be up for sale soon.

Potentially the DX300 (1250) too. I like it, but I'm only streaming, might find another solution. Killer sound and interface though, basically a smartphone with dope sound.

I would get the DX300, but I’m broke now… hahaha

• Like 1

Alright alright. All the gear listed now. U12T, Nio, DX300 and Sony DAP and a EA Eros cable.

Should pop up soon.

Posted (edited)

Narrowing down to Odin and the next custom?

Edited by GiullianSN
  • Like 1
43 minutes ago, GiullianSN said:

Narrowing down to Odin and the next custom?

If you ever respond PMs

2 minutes ago, Bengineer said:

If you ever respond PMs

Like call center “Hold on a sec as we are transferring you to the comercial  department.”

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

USB > iDSD > XBass ON > ODIN

Yeah, pretty good.

USB > CMA Twelve > +5db Bass Shelf > ODIN

Ah yeah, that's better. Still not Nio with M15/M20 levels, but I can just keep boosting I guess.

Hmm.

Edited by Bengineer
1 hour ago, Bengineer said:

I wonder if its in the DAC or Amp stage, or both.

I would guess both. But my guts would say that the Amp would make more of a difference. 

Hmm probably both 

and yes IEM do scale. I noticed a marked improvement in my Andromeda between m11 pro to SP2K and Hugo2. The Trailli also. 

Spend as much on your source/Dac/amp as you do on the headphone?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Dr_Kevy said:

Hmm probably both 

and yes IEM do scale. I noticed a marked improvement in my Andromeda between m11 pro to SP2K and Hugo2. The Trailli also. 

Spend as much on your source/Dac/amp as you do on the headphone?

If you can, but it's also a steeper decline in return. Do you throw another $3k at a source, or do you buy another IEM with a different signature and get more music enjoyment.

The age old hifi question I guess.

• Like 2

Another Headphone/IEM for me always. 

but I think is good to at least have a nice dac/amp that can handle from low to high end headphones. Not perfect, but does the job. 

34 minutes ago, GiullianSN said:

Another Headphone/IEM for me always. 

but I think is good to at least have a nice dac/amp that can handle from low to high end headphones. Not perfect, but does the job. 

What's your main dac/amp?

What's your main dac/amp?

Currently Lotoo Paw S1. Hahaha

On the search for another one as someone took my almost new Signature. :)

7 hours ago, GiullianSN said:

Currently Lotoo Paw S1. Hahaha

On the search for another one as someone took my almost new Signature. :)

Prick!

You want it back?

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Bengineer said:

Prick!

You want it back?

Ahh… nah… never go back… time to try the next one. Thinking about the Diablo. Thought about the C9, but it’s double the price! (Outch)

1 minute ago, Bengineer said:

To be fair to its price. It is BOTH Copper AND Sleeved.

2 in 1 then? 

1 minute ago, Bengineer said:

To be fair to its price. It is BOTH Copper AND Sleeved.

When are going to play around with that 22awg litz? You should look great with my LX! :)

15 minutes ago, GiullianSN said:

When are going to play around with that 22awg litz? You should look great with my LX! :)

Just choosing which 2 pin. Straight or angled?

Very tempting, Etymotic releasing their first multi-driver iem. If only they didn't charge so much for shipping...

• Like 1

Never heard an Ety… that makes me kinda sad. This one looks promising. It uses the IpX connector as well.

ps. i still prefer the clothes hanger wiring cables

We need to remember that these are for professionals, so think, sweat proof and resistance is a must.

I had the Ety ER4 or whatever it was like 12 years ago. Super deep insert and noise isolation. Sounded OK too, for the time.

That cable is so thin!

Designed that way so only the musical information can get through and any extraneous noise is blocked out 😉

Sounds like typical marketing blurb 😁

• Haha 1

The price is definitely in that park. We have so many dongles today that is hard to keep up.

Just a splash of black and red.

Taking IEM listening to a soaring heights whilst gliding through low noise floors. 

ROON -> USB (Audioquest Cinammon) -> Chord Hugo TT 2 -> PWA Audio 3.5 to 4.4mm pigtail -> Oriolus Trailii.

Just don't google the price point of this particular set-up. If only I had a Chord Dave.

IMG_3617.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 1
56 minutes ago, Dr_Kevy said:

Just a splash of black and red.

Taking IEM listening to a soaring heights whilst gliding through low noise floors. 

ROON -> USB (Audioquest Cinammon) -> Chord Hugo TT 2 -> PWA Audio 3.5 to 4.4mm pigtail -> Oriolus Trailii.

Just don't google the price point of this particular set-up. If only I had a Chord Dave.

IMG_3617.jpeg

That’s definitely a killer setup. I can imagine it sounding great! 

• Like 1

Great to see an IEM thread here :) I’ll start actually checking SNA now!

Got a qdc Anole V14 coming in tomorrow. Will share some thoughts here on how it compares to some of my other IEM’s. I had an Anole VX for about 6 months when I first got into the iem world. Super technical iem. Incredible level of detail retrieval and solid bass for an all BA set. However, mids had a bit of a plasticky tone to them and the treble was a bit harsh. Soundstage was also kinda narrow compared to similar IEM’s like U12t. Hoping V14 improves some of those areas. E-stat treble has overtaken BA treble drivers imo so I’m expecting an improvement there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, damz87 said:

Great to see an IEM thread here :) I’ll start actually checking SNA now!

Got a qdc Anole V14 coming in tomorrow. Will share some thoughts here on how it compares to some of my other IEM’s. I had an Anole VX for about 6 months when I first got into the iem world. Super technical iem. Incredible level of detail retrieval and solid bass for an all BA set. However, mids had a bit of a plasticky tone to them and the treble was a bit harsh. Soundstage was also kinda narrow compared to similar IEM’s like U12t. Hoping V14 improves some of those areas. E-stat treble has overtaken BA treble drivers imo so I’m expecting an improvement there.

I’m not impressed you’re getting the V14… lol

it looks nice on the dark. Curious about that as well, I thought VX was boring and overrated. Preferred the 12t all day. 

• Like 1

Received a Cayin Fantasy on tour. Single beryllium plated 10.3mm dynamic driver. 

Paired to a Hugo 2 / 2 Go and Cayin C9 portable amp set to tube mode / Class A. 

Wow. Not bad for sub $1000US at all. Actually bloody technically excellent. I’d forgotten how much I enjoy the fun, dynamic nature of a DD IEM or headphone. 

Until I realised the Hugo 2 / 2Go and C9 are …… way North of the sub $1000 mark. 

Edited by Dr_Kevy
  • Like 2
23 minutes ago, Dr_Kevy said:

Received a Cayin Fantasy on tour. Single beryllium plated 10.3mm dynamic driver. 

Paired to a Hugo 2 / 2 Go and Cayin C9 portable amp set to tube mode / Class A. 

Wow. Not bad for sub $1000US at all. Actually bloody technically excellent. I’d forgotten how much I enjoy the fun, dynamic nature of a DD IEM or headphone. 

Until I realised the Hugo 2 / 2Go and C9 are …… way North of the sub $1000 mark. 

Didn't know Cayin was coming with an IEM. But with that setup something needs to be really bad to not sound at least good. 

Well implemented DD makes quite a difference depending on the music genre.

C9...I want to try that at some point. It ticks a few interesting boxes.