Giving the Ion Forge business away to a willing and able audio enthusiast!

AudioHound

Hello all, 

My name is Simon, I am the owner of Ion Forge, a small business that I started that sells Desktop Speaker Stands & Headphone Stands

I am looking to give the business away versus selling it, to someone who, like me, is passionate about Audio gear and has the time and energy to continue the Ion Forge story. 

I have approximately $190k of stock and will be giving this to the new owner.  You will also get all the IP, design files, manufacturing contacts and information you will need should you want to manufacture more units.  You will also get the business entity itself and the eCommerce website. 

Basically, you are getting a small business in its entirety for free where all of the initial work to set-up the brand, sales channels and create the products themselves has already been done. 

See my website here to see the products and to understand what the brand is about: 

www.ionforgeonline.com

What's the catch? 

While there's the upside here to make free profit, the products are stored in parts so there is a time-cost to pre-prepare parts and assemble and pack stands to ship to customers as orders come in. 

The stock is located in Canberra ACT so there may also be some cost to you to freight the stock to you and you will need space to store it (approx. 1x car space in a large garage). There is also a minor overhead of approximately $700/year for website hosting fees.  

You may also want to invest in marketing to get sales moving faster, on average I get 1 order a week, but I have had larger orders where for example a commercial customer ordered 19 sets of speaker stands in one order. 

At the moment one person could easily manage this and prepare and send orders out.

Why am I giving it away? 

My life has changed and I am focusing on other ventures. It is time to give this to someone else who has the time for it and would benefit from getting a business for free and learning what running a small business is all about.

If this sounds like something you would be interested in, or if you know someone who may want to take this up, please get in touch and let's talk! 

But please no time wasters, serious enquiries only.

Cheers, Simon 

• Like 13
  • Love 12

Agree with above comment this is most generous offer I have seen. I would have jumped in if I am back in Sydney since I am semi retired (according to my wife). :)

Edit: Someone is going to be very lucky to takeover this business opportunity.

Edited by vinilink

Hi everyone - as you can imagine I've received quite a few enquires!

I have several people to contact today over the phone, but if you have messaged me and I don't get back to you immediately, don't worry, I will.

Passing on a business in full will involve quite a number of steps and work and I'd like to ensure that the person whom I pass this onto is fully aware of what is involved and is 100% ok and prepared to take everything on.

Simon

Edited by AudioHound
  • Like 1

On 26/04/2021 at 11:47 AM, AudioHound said:

Hello all, 

My name is Simon, I am the owner of Ion Forge, a small business that I started that sells Desktop Speaker Stands & Headphone Stands

I am looking to give the business away versus selling it, to someone who, like me, is passionate about Audio gear and has the time and energy to continue the Ion Forge story. 

Wow! this is the real spirit of SNA! Good on you mate and good luck to the person who takes this over.

Edited by anandpkumar
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Bengineer said:

Very generous.

Hope the reasons for your new direction aren't bad ones, and if they are, it all turns around soon. All business ownership is hard.

No it's all ok, I have a YouTube channel and some digital products that I'm focussing on now and I need more time.

Also it would be good to see someone with renewed energy to take Ion Forge in a new direction and perhaps even design and manufacture some new products for the brand!

I also like the idea of 'paying it forward' - with the initial set-up and hard work done to design and manufacture the products it could be a good opportunity for someone new to entrepreneurship to experience running a small business with little or no risk.  Or for someone who already has a small business this could be a good opportunity to supplement and grow their business.

Edited by AudioHound
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

I just had a look at your website and you obviously care about people hearing the best music they can. It's an unbelievably generous offer that you have made to someone with some extra energy. I hope the old saying, "what goes around comes around" gets back to you somewhere else in your life. You're a gentleman Simon.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

First off I just wanted to thank everyone who got in touch with me about taking Ion Forge on! 😀

In the end I had 16 people contact me and I spoke to many of you over the phone.  As you can imagine with that many people I had a tough choice to make!

In the end I opted for a StereoNet member who already has a products-type small business (non-audio type product) and has the experience, practical skills and know-how required to continue the Ion Forge brand and products.  This member has asked to remain anonymous.  I wish him all the best and of course I will be providing support over the next few months as he get's up to speed, gets some marketing going, re-builds the website and so on.

The stock is being picked up this weekend to be shipped interstate.

For anyone that has contacted me via message about this offer, or that I have spoken to over the phone - if you would like a follow up chat, perhaps to simply to talk about lessons learned with small business & entrepreneurship, let me know via a message here on StereoNet.

Cheers, Simon

Edited by AudioHound
  • Like 10
  • Love 2

I'm not sure if congratulations are in order here, or simply to say hats well and truly off to you Simon! I whole-heartedly applaud your generosity and diligence; this can't have been easy or simple, but you've done it damn well. 

• Like 4

On 07/05/2021 at 7:59 PM, RocketFishPI said:

I'm not sure if congratulations are in order here, or simply to say hats well and truly off to you Simon! I whole-heartedly applaud your generosity and diligence; this can't have been easy or simple, but you've done it damn well. 

Thank you Tom.  All is well and I'm happy that the business is going to someone who's clearly going to breathe new life into it.  And from my side I'll have more time to focus on my YouTube channel and a few other things I'm working on : )

• Like 3
  • Love 1