Help with speaker choice.

Hi folks, new to the forum and hifi in general.   I’m looking for a new set of speakers to pair with the system pictured.  I was looking at the Yamaha NS-F901 as I love my Yamaha studio monitors, but realised there’s a huge world of speakers out there at that price point so would love some input from others.    The system is in a huge space with high ceilings.  I’m a Radiohead fan if that helps at all.  

Cheers.  

1463BB3A-5270-485F-86F5-CB8DD5EAC2BB.jpeg

Hello there and welcome to the forum. Those are some very interesting pre-amp/power amps that you have. RWA is quite an unknown brand here in Australia. I've been following Vinni Rossi and his amplifiers for quite a few years - heard the RWA 15 signature integrated a few years back and was suitably impressed.

A lot of options for speakers depending upon your budget, space and musical taste. What is your budget, the room size and music preferences? How about the rest of your chain - i.e. source (digital, CD, Vinyl)?

As a starting point, the thread below is a good one to check out for speakers

Thanks for the response! I’ll spend some time and read the link you posted, but to answer a few of your questions my budget is around 6k, room size is a hard one to measure as it’s a large open plan space with the hifi sitting in a sort of alcove.  For the most part I’m streaming from an iMac to the preamp via an old Apple TV with optical output but I will be adding vinyl when I upgrade the speakers.  The preamp has USB input so I’ll likely dedicate a small pc of some sort connected directly.    I have a long road ahead but I hope I’ve started down the right track.   

My musical preferences change daily, but im a fan of Radiohead, James Vincent Mcmorrow, and anything with a guitar in it.  

thanks for taking the time.  

27D2F3FE-9C3B-4A18-ABD2-4A30EDBF7A07.jpeg