Tamron SP 24-70 f/2.8

ppaul

Lovely lens. I've owned a Tamron macro lens before for my Nikon DSLR and found it a fantastic alternative to the more expensive OEM lens.

What camera do you have?

Edited by anandpkumar
spelling
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, aussievintage said:

The alternate brands, like Tamron and Sigma do a great job.     I have a big Sigma 150-600 that I love using.

You are right about Tamron and Sigma - have had good experiences with both of them. I've also found a Rokinon 14mm fish-eye lens excellent value

Here's a shot, one is the Tamron 24-70 @70mm, the other my Canon 70-200 f/4  @ 75mm (I didn't check to make sure was set to 70mm) both shots @ f/5.6, only edit was to a jpeg, I feel the Tamron holds its own against the Canon 

Tam f5.6.jpg

Can f5.6.jpg

On 25/04/2021 at 2:45 PM, aussievintage said:

You don't say which is which, and there's no exif data,  but I feel the first is better slightly in the foreground (that could be just if the focus point shifted though)

Then I prefer the Tamron shot 👍

13 minutes ago, ppaul said:

Local Race Day, pretty happy how this turned out, @ 70mm.

Tam @ 70mm.jpg

The action is very well captured. Well done.   On my monitor, it looks a bit blue.  Also, is this cropped at all?  Is there room to set the horizon level?

39 minutes ago, aussievintage said:

Well done. 

Thanks, not cropped, had Camera set to Running Man, this image was the sharpest (out of 9 images) as I was following the pack down the straight, 

• Like 1