C.E.C. TL51XR Belt driven CD Player - Balanced (XLR), AES/EBU

Item Condition: Excellent
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: Castle Hill
State: NSW
Payment Method: Paypal, EFT, Cash on Pickup
Reason for selling: Funding other purchases

C.E.C. TL51XR Belt driven CD Player - Balanced (XLR), AES/EBU

Very much in original condition with brand new original remote, puck and box (including all the packaging inside). For local purchasers I can print out the User and Service Manuals which is not practical when posting due to the extra shipping costs involved. 

No works has been done on this. Just 2 drops of oil to stop a squeak and a new belt.

Unlike some earlier C.E.C. units, this player reads CD-Rs with ease.

Despite CD turntable being driven by belt, it fast forwards, rewinds and skips tracks like any other standard, direct driven CD player.

Also unlike a lot of C.E.C. units which only use a standard, unmodified $15 Sanyo mechanism, a massive upgrade here has taken place and whole spindle has been re-worked and large mass brass assembly spindle has been manufactured and incorporated (please see pic below).

This unit has balanced output, with 2 x PCM-1796 BURR-Brown chips.

Rubycon and Cerafine caps used inside.
It also has all three typs of digital outputs:

- balanced AES/EBU on XLR
- coaxial SPDIF and
- optical Toslink

This belt drive CDP operates unlike any other player I've come across. It is in the same fantastic condition I received it and excellent cosmetically, and it has been flawless in operation. The only blemish I can see is slight fade on the edge of slider / lid where you place your finger to open / close and typical minor scratches on back plate near inputs - see pics and is only noticeable if you are looking for signs of age.

Make an excellent transport if you prefer your own DAC over the 2 x PCM-1796 BURR-Brown chips. Balanced outputs. Personally I thought this CDP had that great quality build feel when using - this thing is also like a tank when you lift it.

Will be packaged very well - not original box I think ?

https://www.stereo.net.au/forums/topic/302198-fs-cec-tl51xr-belt-driven-cd-player-brand-new-remote-box-balanced-xlr-aesebu/

File_002.jpeg

File_000.jpeg

File_001.jpeg

File_003.jpeg

File_005.jpeg

File_006.jpeg

File_007.jpeg

File_008.jpeg

File_009.jpeg

File_010.jpeg

File_011.jpeg

Edited by Keys1234