Qobuz Discussion Thread

3 hours ago, fjs said:

The forum member who had trouble buying a download I wonder if they used a vpn from Ireland if they could then download the cd.

Its available for download in the US as well as Ireland, so a VPN from the US would probably work.

But then it's also possible that Qobuz may detect that my credit card is issued in Aus and reject the transaction at that point.

I don't think that I need the CD that much.  Too much trouble.  I actually have the previous CDs so this one was just to complete the set (and to listen to! Haha.)

I could register for the free streaming trial and capture the data whilst in the PC.  Too much trouble as well.

Thanks again awayward, Frank and DrFunk

Hi Bob,

Not sure if this is a question as in, can other members share their playlists with you?

Or, can you share playlists period?

If you are asking how to do it, then create a playlist by collating your favourite tracks, say for example heavy rock and calling it HR 1. Then when you go up to the playlist header and hover your mouse icon over your HR 1 tab, you will see three small dots in the bottom right corner. Select those with a left mouse click, then select Share.

A window will open and you will see a link, click on that link, the link to your playlist will be copied to your clipboard.

Then it is a case of creating an email to a friend and pasting the link within that email (or below as I have done). Viola - one shared playlist. (only if you are a paid up member, because you have to log in to view the playlist)

If you are asking for a member to share a playlist, sure, try this one;    https://open.qobuz.com/playlist/10525607

Maybe we should start a playlist list, under specific music genre? That way members could seek out new/old jazz, folk, rock, pop etc

Cheers

• Like 2

I’m not sure what the “connect” part means and how it would differ from what I already have. I use the app on my iPad to control the stream of music to my hifi system via bluesound node. Does the “connect” mean that I could stream without the music streamer hardware similar to how I stream movies to my tv using chromecast but it has a dongle so it has dome hardware.

On 12/01/2023 at 10:07 AM, otisbass said:

I haven't read the whole thread so apologies if this has been asked and answered before. 

Does anyone know if Qobuz are developing a "Qobuz Connect" similar to Tidal Connect or Spotify Connect?

There is already a Qobuz connect feature. At least on my Naim QB2 there is. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi there 

I am streaming using an Optus router, with the internal wall cable to the living room outlet, where I connect parallel Bonn switches and Ethernet cords into my streamer. 

The Apple TV is connected to it as well, although I only stream on regular hd 1080p. It works perfectly fine and never cuts out and pixelates. The internet in the house is also fine (I switched to another bandwidth on the modem following sna advice I got about a year ago which solved that problem)

I am occasionally getting cutouts on qobuz, where it then jumps to the next song. Just checking if anyone else had this issue and how you resolved it? Tidal was more stable but the sound is inferior to my ears. 

so I wonder if the Optus modem is the issue, or it’s some buffering issue within the streamer, which is just part of an add on dac module to my amp. But it works perfectly fine when I play the music from the melco server, although that is connected to the Bonn switch so wouldn’t go through the router. 

I am running qobuz via mconnect in order to get it into the streamer. 

thanks in advance 

Edited by ACAUS

Have you checked Qobuz to see that the song that started to play is not showing sample, I found on Qobuz some tracks are not licenced for the region yet they can get in your playlists as a 10s or less track but a skip to the next song.

this is just a thought and may not be your issue.

Edited by Demondes

This is playing a an album I select.  Don’t think that’s the issue. Some songs play full length. Even some cds play full length. Just don’t know why some albums will cut out on many songs and some won’t. 

What is your streamer and what UPnP server software does it use?  Is there a buffer setting that can be changed on the App and/or server?

Have you tried BubblUPnP? You may need to borrow an Android phone to test, but I believe it is better supported than MConnect?

It’s the streamer inside a Boulder 866. I believe it’s using raspberry pi. I will try roon on the laptop and see if it improves things. Perhaps it may buffer it.  I am on Apple devices. 
mconnect and the Boulder settings won’t let me change 

Edited by ACAUS
  • Like 1

Just an update… so far it does seem a lot more stable under roon so far, with no drop outs, compared to mconnect. 
I am using roon off the laptop in wifi mode, not the best idea for optimal SQ

I think I need to toss up a nucleus, a lumin or an auralic streamer… the mconnect app is pretty dreadful especially for server based music. 
I wonder how stable the lumin and auralic apps are with qobuz if I get one of those streamers.

I will give another update here if my room experience changes. 

• Like 1

On 26/2/2023 at 9:19 AM, Demondes said:

Have you checked Qobuz to see that the song that started to play is not showing sample, I found on Qobuz some tracks are not licenced for the region yet they can get in your playlists as a 10s or less track but a skip to the next song.

this is just a thought and may not be your issue.

Ah….. That explains it. I get this at times and it’s rather irritating.

Yes, mConnect is not the best, but unfortunately one of the few UPnP controllers that can run on iOS.

Over more thing to test. Qobuz app on laptop over wifi.  If it cuts out, then maybe problem with your network?

Roon does buffer.  And I believe both Lumin and Auralic. It is not a case of Roon or Lumin/Auralic. You can run Roon with Lumin/Auralic as your Roon End Point.  It does depend on whether you want to use Roon or not.

Last night it was cutting out again with mconnect streaming qobuz via the iPad to my boulder 866 streamer. 

And once again using roon on the laptop over wifi, but then sent back to the router and through the Ethernet cables and switches to the Boulder was stable…. This was using the iPad as the room remote and the laptop as core. 

when I played qobuz sound with the iPad speakers on mconnect it was stable. perhaps it’s just too

much work for the iPad to decode it then send it back to the boulder?

the laptop isn’t really a viable long term solution as it’s in another room and is needed for work etc. and it’s a good quality one so don’t want it to burn out quickly. 

Interestingly the streaming is sfable

if mconnect is directing purchased Downloaded music from the melco server to the boulder, including hires.   

so for reasons unknown to me it seems like mconnect has to do far more work to stream from qobuz than to stream from the server. Or there could be other factors going on. 

I tried to use the qobuz app on the iPad but it doesn’t seem to let me select the boulder or anything as the audio device. Not sure if I am doing something wrong here?

it does seem like my options are to buy a roon core of some sort and hard wire it to the switch, else a lumin/auralic streamer and use their apps to stream. 

I could try an asus router but I have some doubt that the Optus router is the problem based on above. 

appreciate your comments on this. 

thanks again. 

UPnP can be a pain and mConnect is not the best either. Check mConnect setup to see whether there is a setting for buffer,  proxy ?

mConnect has no problem with your downloads because no buffering required.

Your iPad needs to connect to your streamer (Bluetooth?) before the Qobuz App can recognise it as an audio device.

The Roon core is the cheaper way than buying Lumin or Auralic.

Thanks. I don’t think it will allow me to connect the iPad to the qobuz app in that case. It’s a bit limited

this mconnect app is quite miserable looking for selecting downloads. Not much better for qobuz. 

Apparently the boulder is designed for roon use, rather than mconnect, so it should give much better sound that way.

If using the lumin or auralic I would send the signal via AES as in theory it should improve the sound by using an external good quality streamer. Plus it’s the way to get the lumin/auralic to do the buffering. 

does anyone know if nucleus experience is quite positive? 

In fact going off the forums, and talking to friends overseas, the boulder 866 is sold primarily with a nucleus or an innuos zenith mk3 for an upgrade, given the zenith has the core, and given that the boulder has an inbuilt streamer. 

given I have a melco server already the zenith seems redundant. 

Personally, I think Lumin/Auralic sound better than Roon, but a few Roon users here have jumped on me for saying so. 

Rather than AES/EBU with Lumin/Auralic, suggest USB with a Gieseler Reinigen to your Boulder.

I reckon it makes USB the best connection to a DAC.

1 hour ago, ACAUS said:

Last night it was cutting out again with mconnect streaming qobuz via the iPad to my boulder 866 streamer. 

And once again using roon on the laptop over wifi, but then sent back to the router and through the Ethernet cables and switches to the Boulder was stable…. This was using the iPad as the room remote and the laptop as core. 

when I played qobuz sound with the iPad speakers on mconnect it was stable. perhaps it’s just too

much work for the iPad to decode it then send it back to the boulder?

the laptop isn’t really a viable long term solution as it’s in another room and is needed for work etc. and it’s a good quality one so don’t want it to burn out quickly. 

Interestingly the streaming is sfable

if mconnect is directing purchased Downloaded music from the melco server to the boulder, including hires.   

so for reasons unknown to me it seems like mconnect has to do far more work to stream from qobuz than to stream from the server. Or there could be other factors going on. 

I tried to use the qobuz app on the iPad but it doesn’t seem to let me select the boulder or anything as the audio device. Not sure if I am doing something wrong here?

it does seem like my options are to buy a roon core of some sort and hard wire it to the switch, else a lumin/auralic streamer and use their apps to stream. 

I could try an asus router but I have some doubt that the Optus router is the problem based on above. 

appreciate your comments on this. 

thanks again. 

I used to have lots of issues with dropouts on Tidal and Qobuz until I hooked my Roon server directly to the network switch which is attached to my Firewall/router..... Which is in turn hooked up to the NBN box.

I still get media on Qobuz play for 10 seconds or so before it skips to the next track though I think the answer to that lies in @Demondes post above. It's down to streaming rights in various regions.

I think part of my problem however is no wiring throughout the house. I've a TP-Link Deco X60 hooked up to my network switch in access point mode (though still as a wireless mesh) and everything throughout the house is connected via Wi-Fi with the exception of my Roon server. Still, it's the best I can do for now. The enw home will be fully wired whenever that happens and that should improve things.

That said one of my mates runs an Accurate Audio MBS-S800 Roon Core he runs with a 1TB hard drive installed and loves it. Reckons a sonic improvement vs streaming from his Mac Mini also to his Gustard R26 streaming DAC.

Edited by MattyW