Qobuz Discussion Thread

You can make an account and it has no idea where your Apple ID is set to. If you are set to Australia though, the Apple App Store won’t let you download the Qobuz app.

To switch you need to go into your App Store settings and change something: 

https://www.imore.com/how-change-countries-itunes-and-app-store-iphone-or-ipad

The problem with this is you need to unsubscribe some apps which are localised to Australia to do it which is why I haven’t bothered.

19 minutes ago, TDX said:

completely agree, don't know why all they have is rap and rap and punk?

I really don't understand this, about the only genre I don't listen to is Classical, oh and rap and punk, and I can find 99.99% of what I want to play via Tidal.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, awayward said:

I really don't understand this, about the only genre I don't listen to is Classical, oh and rap and punk, and I can find 99.99% of what I want to play via Tidal.

I am referring to the "new release" or exploration they try to promote, most of the time are the music I am not interested in. Qobuz has better suggestions.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I for one a very excited about Qobuz soon coming to Australia.  I am currently a tidal subscriber and I do enjoy it - but their mixes are poor, the ios app sux big time and well (and being frank) I’m not too keen on their recommendations.

so I will try qobuz and give it a good go.  I am a roon subscriber so I’ve got my fingers crossed it all goes well.

anyone have any ideas on proposed pricing yet though?

I am aware that Spotify are shouting they are also going hi-fi - but to me, no.  Simply because there is no roon integration.

btw - how do you pronounce qobuz?

10 minutes ago, captain starlight said:

btw - how do you pronounce qobuz?

qw-oh-buz. (?)

current subscriber along with tidal, and heavy usb audio player pro (android) user, so hyped for this. thx for the info.

qobuz app on android is not too bad, tidal app is better. both are integrated with UAPP so why use the native apps lol

6 minutes ago, Nait said:

I just noticed that Qobuz is now available for the Australian market.

But, what's disappointing for me is that DOWNLOAD not yet available for some unknown reason ?

Looks like the site is just getting ready, but they havent flicked the switch yet.

Pricing looks good which doesn’t surprise me as I’m sure they want to be enticing.   I just did a search in their catalogue and it seems very similar to Tidal - in that some of my rare and obscure favourite  stuff that isn’t on tidal is also not on qobuz.

I haven’t gone through their classical section yet though but I can say they are lacking in jap prog rock from the 1970s (which is upsetting).

fwiw - some rare titles I search for are:

mike batt - “tarot suite”. Not on tidal, not on qobuz, not on Spotify.

supernaut - “supernaut” (the glam rock Aussie band from the 70s).  Not on tidal, not on qobuz but on Spotify.

Far East family band “far out”.  Was on tidal but disappeared, not on qobuz, is on Spotify.

but I refuse to use the paid version of Spotify.  I am a roon subscriber to tidal and/or qobuz for me.

Edited by captain starlight
Added more content
  • Like 1