What price & When would THX AAA 789 listed with the lowest price in Massdrop?

20 minutes ago, Bengineer said:

Get the new Drop One amplifier?

Forgive my poor expression ability. My meaning is I wanna try an AMP with balance output. The 789 seems a good budgeting choise

And I just want to know the biggest discount on the Drop of this AMP.

9 minutes ago, Phil PENG said:

Forgive my poor expression ability. My meaning is I wanna try an AMP with balance output. The 789 seems a good budgeting choise

And I just want to know the biggest discount on the Drop of this AMP.

The balanced aspect isn't relevant here really. The THX789 sounds the same as the SP200, which is cheaper. They both sound fairly similar to the Element 2.

The whole balance thing isn't the drawcard really. If you have Drop credit and you want to spend it, do it. Members of this Australia forums have no idea what the Drop administration has planned for the pricing of their now outdated 789 amplifier ;)

1 hour ago, Bengineer said:

The balanced aspect isn't relevant here really. The THX789 sounds the same as the SP200, which is cheaper. They both sound fairly similar to the Element 2.

The whole balance thing isn't the drawcard really. If you have Drop credit and you want to spend it, do it. Members of this Australia forums have no idea what the Drop administration has planned for the pricing of their now outdated 789 amplifier ;)

Thank you! Do yo mean tube amp would be much worth to upgrade than those kinds of AMP just have 'beautiful' performance? 

Could you recommend a cost-effective one for me??

9 minutes ago, Bengineer said:

No! I'm saying don't buy a 789 because it's balanced. 

Buy an Amp that has a sound you are after. Balanced or not.

Make sense. But do it really sounds same as element 2? Cuz either SP200 or THX series are all use the so call ' THX AAA' framework tech. ?

3 hours ago, Phil PENG said:

Thanks, but I reckon it will sounds same as SP200 with super power version. btw, I don't like the mirror surface cover.?

SP400 has relay based R2R volume control... no channel imbalance issues... perfect left/right volume tracking.

5 minutes ago, rand129678 said:

SP400 has relay based R2R volume control... no channel imbalance issues... perfect left/right volume tracking.

Sounds cool. thank you your recommendation!