Marantz AV7702mkII - COLLECTED

Wood

This has been collected and is no longer available. 

Marantz AV7702mkII, free!

In May of last year I bought a power amp off a forum member who was going to throw this out due to a poorly functioning HDMI board. I took it off his hands and after some faffing about with different cables and a firmware update got it working. It has been in my system since then. 

Audio wise it is in perfect working order, as far as I can tell with my current 5.2 setup. At one stage I did have 7.2.2 and that worked just fine. 

The video side does have a few quirks. At times it will drop out and come back, though this hasn’t happened for many many months. It passes HDR and DV no problem. In one of those modes it doesn’t show volume changes on screen, though this may be a setting I never figured out. 

It comes with original box, remote and Audyssey mic. 

I’m now using a Yamaha receiver and have no need for this and don’t feel right selling due to the video quirks, plus I didn’t pay a cent for it!

Pick up only - North Ryde, NSW

8571EBA6-4221-48C2-AC12-C2EEA8A0F926.jpeg

F4C765A5-FA3C-49E2-B615-3679E5784234.jpeg

Edited by Wood
Item collected.
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Wood said:

The video side does have a few quirks. At times it will drop out and come back, though this hasn’t happened for many many months. It passes HDR and DV no problem. In one of those modes it doesn’t show volume changes on screen, though this may be a setting I never figured out. F4C765A5-FA3C-49E2-B615-3679E5784234.jpeg

A perfect candidate for a lumagen or similar to switch the video ; just feed it the audio :)

Good karma indeed ..

• Like 1

wow what a pick up for someone. the av7702mk2 will basically pass everything 4k uhd ! IF there are any video quirks its like due to either cable or other hdmi gremlins in the system anywhere...it should be able to be setup fault free and minus any hdmi issue at all. as much as hdmi with 4k uhd can be a challenge ! if the hdmi card in it has failed or flaky which i havent heard of any issues with this gen marantz... then id get in touch with qualifi local importer and support to get sorted.

the only thing it wont pass is new hdmi 2.1 source which marantz is recommended even with current av processors to run direct to TV anyways ! can arc audio back. if want to earc..just use a earc sharc.... for full bandwidth audio back to this marantz...  

8 minutes ago, betty boop said:

wow what a pick up for someone. the av7702mk2 will basically pass everything 4k uhd ! IF there are any video quirks its like due to either cable or other hdmi gremlins in the system anywhere...it should be able to be setup fault free and minus any hdmi issue at all. as much as hdmi with 4k uhd can be a challenge ! if the hdmi card in it has failed or flaky which i havent heard of any issues with this gen marantz... then id get in touch with qualifi local importer and support to get sorted.

the only thing it wont pass is new hdmi 2.1 source which marantz is recommended even with current av processors to run direct to TV anyways ! can arc audio back. if want to earc..just use a earc sharc.... for full bandwidth audio back to this marantz...  

$1,500 for replacement HDMI board. 

• Like 1

On 20/03/2021 at 3:38 PM, audiofeline said:

It's amazing what a bit of faffing can achieve - well done!

I commend your ethics and hope it is appreciated by the fortunate new owner. 

I do consider myself to be very fortunate, at it will be appreciated and have no intentions of flipping it. Can not give any more praise to the previous owner, who even carried the unit into my car, I give him all my best wishes and thanks. And yes, a donation will be made as a thank you

• Like 2